Movies and Taste Testings

Sanem, have you seen Can's new IG post? Frankie asked when she called.

I did! Ufff, abla! There are just no words...Sanem said, fanning herself.

And you're dating that gorgeousness, Frankie added. I can't tell you how jealous I am of you. I mean. You're living the dream!

It is a dream, that's for sure! But we really love just spending time together. I mean, there's an undeniable attraction but I don't know where this could go, you know? Sanem said, eating her lunch.

Well, what does he say? I mean does he mention seeing you again? Frankie asked.

Yes. All the time. There's never a time when we are together that he's not planning our next..time together, Sanem said, blushing.

You mean your next date? Why do you keep calling it something else? she asked.

Sanem answered, getting flustered, I don't know?! It just doesn't seem real! What can possibly come of this? We keep having this same conversation. I don't know, Frankie.

Listen, don't try to work it all out. Let it just happen..organically. I mean he hasn't kissed you so it's obvious he doesn't want to rush you, she said.

We almost kissed but his phone rang and the moment was just gone, Sanem said, shrugging her shoulders. The thought of kissing Can was more than she could handle.

Sanem, canim, he's not Engin. He hasn't lied to you, hasn't tried to manipulate anything. He apparently is attracted to you. Just..let it be, Frankie said, hugging Sanem.

I'll try..Sanem said, smiling. Oh hang on, it's my mom.

Hey Mom! What's up? How are you doing? Sanem asked as she answered the phone.

Sanem! I need you to come over this afternoon and help me! It's an emergency! Perihan yelled.

Mom! Mom, what's wrong? Is Dad ok? Leyla? Sanem asked, panicking.

Yes, yes, they're all fine! It's Aysun. She's telling the whole neighborhood that her food is better than mine, can you believe that? Perihan said.

Mom! You scared me. Seriously, Aysun again. Why don't you two make up and get over this crazy competition you've had going on for years? Sanem said, quite irritated.

I need someone unbiased. And not Frankie or Mia. I need someone else. Do you have a friend from the dance group that would be willing to come to the house and do a taste test? Her food against mine. Today! Sanem I need it done today. I will finish her and shut her mouth for good. I'm cooking up a storm. Find me someone!! Perihan demanded.

Fine, Mom! Ok calm down. I'll find someone and text you when we're on the way, Sanem said as she hung up.

Rolling her eyes, she explained it all to Frankie. 

Ask Can. He hasn't left for Izmir yet and he wants to spend time with you. It's perfect. You do the asking this time! Frankie exclaimed.

Oh yeah, right like I'm going to ask Turkey's biggest TV star to come to my Mom's restaurant to try her dishes in some stupid competition with crazy Aysun! Sanem said, putting away the plates.

I don't see why not. All he can do is say no, Frankie said.

Who am I going to tell Mom he is to me? She will probably recognize him! Sanem said, thinking her friend had lost her mind.

Well, you know eventually that picture of the two of you in Ankara is going to get back to the neighborhood, right? Just explain to her that's how you met, Frankie answered.

Thinking about it and twirling her phone in her hands for a long time, Sanem scrolled to Can's number.

Answering it on the 2nd ring, Can said, Hello, Sanem! It's so nice to hear from you!