Pajamas and Decisions

Roberto, I need to get home now. Please, Can said with an expressionless face.

Abi, I'll get online and see what the airlines have available. We weren't supposed to leave til this afternoon. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for the photo, he said as he opened his laptop.

I need to get to Sanem. She doesn't look happy in this photo. I remember this guy on her IG feed. It's probably the guy she was in a relationship with. He looks different but I'm pretty sure it's him and if it is, he's supposed to be in New York. I just need to know that she's ok, he said, staring at the photo.

His eyes flew open. Tahir! Do you have Frankie's number? he said excitedly.

No, abi. She didn't give it to me. I'm sorry, Tahir answered.

Can took a deep breath and tried to think of what he could do, who he could call.

Got it! If you hurry, there's a flight leaving in 40 minutes, Roberto said.

Can grabbed his wallet and ran out of the room with Tahir right behind him. Roberto could only get Can a seat so Tahir would bring his suitcase with him and Roberto on the later flight.

Tell Roberto thanks again, brother. See you later this afternoon, Can said as he ran into the terminal.

When he landed, he had a text from Roberto that a car would be there to pick him up. Getting to Sanem's apartment, he ran up the stairs and knocked on her door repeatedly.

I'm coming, I'm coming..hold on, will you? a sleepy and agitated Sanem said as she opened the door a little to see who it was.

She squealed as Can pushed through making his way in the door and closing it behind him with his foot so he could grab her.

Can?? Can, you're here! How did you get home so quickly? she tried to ask but was interrupted when he swooped down and kissed her like he hadn't seen her in years.

Sanem was shocked but elated as she relaxed into the kiss, holding him tight to her.

Caaan, was all she could say, barely over a whisper as he came up for air for a second or two and dove back down, effectively rendering her speechless.

Finally, he pulled away, holding her closer, speaking softly in her ear.

Sanem, are you ok? I'm so sorry I wasn't here to make sure you were. That photo. The man. I was so worried, Can stuttered.

What photo? she asked, her brows knit together.

Pulling back but still holding her in one arm as if she'd disappear, he pulled his phone out of his back pocket.

Oh! Oh no! Can, Can I can explain, she said quickly, looking into his eyes.

Sanem, you have nothing to explain. You know I trust you implicitly. You just looked so unhappy, scared even. I had to get back and make sure you were alright, he said, peppering her face with kisses.

Guiding him to the sofa, Sanem explained what happened while Can listened intently. She told him about the press and cameras, how she almost fainted and about Engin showing up out of the blue.

So this is Engin? The one you were engaged to? Can asked with a worried expression on his face.

Yes it is. I had no idea he was back in Istanbul. Or that he was at the performance, she said, holding both his hands.

What did he say? Did you ask him why he was here? he asked, worried about the answer.

Sanem looked away for a minute, and said quietly, The truth?