Future Promises and Announcements

When Can took Sanem home later that evening, he was overcome with love for this beautiful woman. Walking her inside her apartment, he held her close and kissed her breathless.

Mutual feelings of passion stirred between them; feelings they had both felt building for quite awhile. Their kissing became more heated and losing himself in the moment, Can walked her backwards, accidentally running into a wall.

He grabbed her around her waist and pulled her up impossibly close to himself when he felt her hesitate a bit. Coming back to himself, he loosened his grip and ended the passionate kiss.

Sanem, he said huskily. I'm sorry. I got carried away for a moment. You're just so, so beautiful, so desirable. I can't seem to breathe around you. Your fragrance brings me into a trance and I can't seem to help myself.

Breathless still from the kiss, Sanem looked him the eyes shyly. 

Sanem answered, I'm sorry, Can. I got carried away myself. I, I feel everything you're feeling and I'm so attracted to you too but..

But, you're not ready. I understand that, bebek. I'm in no hurry. For you I would wait forever, he said softly.

It's just..it's just that where I come from, my background, well, it's embarrassing to talk about with you, she stammered.

Sanem, askim, you can say anything to me, he said reassuringly.

Well, I was raised very traditional. I've, I mean, I have never, you know..she said, looking away from his intense gaze.

The realization that she was still a virgin hit Can like a brick wall. When she told him about being engaged, he just assumed that she and Engin had been intimate since they were together for so long. He wasn't quite sure how to react but he wanted to say the right thing. 

In the moment, all he could think about was how happy he was that he would be her first, her last. Wait, her last? Yes. Absolutely her last. He loved this woman and he knew that he wanted to be in her life. He had already told the guys he was going to marry her. A huge smile came across his face at the thought. 

Can? Are you, are you upset? Disappointed? she said blushing profusely and concerned that this knowledge might make him rethink being with her since she had no experience.

I mean, I know you've been with other women in the past, she continued, the thought bringing her so much pain.

Upset? Disappointed? Sanem, look at me. How could you think that? Can asked, his brows furrowing as he gathered her close to himself again.

Whispering in her ear, he said, Askim, my love, being with you I've realized that I've never been in love before. What I feel with you is like nothing I've experienced before. So you are my first as well. My first love. My last love. I know you loved Engin but I will be your first in other ways and I will definitely be your last.

Sanem's eye went wide as she pulled away to look at him again.

My first, my, my last? Can, what are you saying? she asked in wonder, searching his eyes.

Just that we are each other's first love in some way and yes, I want us to be each other's last. I know we're not quite ready for that yet but I want you to know that, that when I see my future, you're in it, Sanem, Can said, his eyes never moving away from hers.

They both just stood in the moment, lost in the look of love in each other's eyes and the promise of a future filled with love and passion. Nothing could be heard but their slightly accelerated breathing and the loud beating of their hearts. 

Can, she whispered.

Kissing her tenderly on the lips, once, twice and then a third time, he pulled her in close once more and whispered, I love you, Sanem Aydin.