Chapter 5: Let's Save The Universe

The Angels were continuing to stand around. None of them knew how long it had been in the Universe.

Time was fluid in their realm, sometimes millions of years could pass by in a blink of an eye. And other times, a single moment was frozen in time for eternity.

Time was constantly warping, no real sense of control or ability to prevent it. It was a natural force that was impossible to contain, even for their Father.

A loud, authoritative thud filled the air, making every Angel turn and drop to their knees, except for Ash-Shaytān, who stood over a crowd of his Brothers and Sisters around him. Azrael had dropped to his knees, but rather slowly rose back up as he stood next to Ash-Shaytān.

The only other Angels standing were the Seven Seraphs, all creating a line in front of God's throne.

"We have discussed the future of the Pantheon, and who shall take the place of our beloved, glorious Father, Praise be upon him!" Zerachiel spoke loudly.

"Praise be upon him!" All of the Angels repeated loudly.

Ash-Shaytān just mumbled along while crossing his arms.

"After much discussion, we now know that having only one person in power will not be sufficient. Our Father, Glory unto him," Raphael began.

"Glory unto him!" All of the other Angels shouted.

"Was weakened and grew ill before he was brutally murdered in his own home by...." Raphael stopped, not wishing to say what they had seen.

"So, the Seven of us shall be the ones who run this Pantheon. A council that will vote on all decisions and matters brought to us by you," Michael said as he turned his gaze, locking eyes with Ash-Shaytān.

"And decide if we are to involve ourselves in the matters of the Universe, or leave them to fate." Michael said.

Ash-Shaytān's eyes slightly squinted as he stared back.

The two stood tense and stoic as their eyes continued to be locked.

"We shall be operating on a majority, thus it is best for us to be odd numbered, making sure that a draw in these matters is impossible." Gabriel spoke up.

Ash-Shaytān prepared to say something, but was interrupted as another Angel rose to their feet quickly.

"How dare you discuss this without our knowledge!"

Everyone turned to see who it was that rose and spoke.

Sister Verchiel.

Ash-Shaytān stared in shock at first, but he slowly began to smile.

"I say that we all have a vote and are given a voice! We must make sure that this is truly what we all wish for!" She screamed.

The Seven Seraphs looked at each other in surprised confusion.

Most tried to keep their stoic faces and bodies, yet it was obvious that they were unsure of what to do.

Ash-Shaytān looked around, a few more of his Angel Brothers and Sisters beginning to rise to their feet. They were hesitant, but once they stood they reacted as if they had weight lifted off of their beings.

"We demand that everyone is given a fair chance!" One shouted.

"We will not be controlled by you any longer!" Another shouted.

"We deserve a new leader!" Another shouted.

"Down with the Seraphs!" Another shouted.

Ash-Shaytān slowly began to make his way away from the crowd, locking eyes with Azrael. Ash-Shaytān chuckled as he moved.