Chapter 11: Playing God

Ash-Shaytān was pacing back and forth, staring down at the ground of the Pantheon while his lips were rapidly moving without any sound.

His hands were behind his back, his fingers rapidly twiddling with each other.

Everything about his demeanor was seconds away from exploding. Seconds away from shattering into unhinged violent insanity.

The Red was floating behind his throne, pulsing with a chain wrapped around the body, keeping it close to the floor.

"He keeps surviving...continues to survive and last...those beasts should've been it...how does one kill a God?" He asked as he kept pacing.

He looked to the side as Gabriel landed, his massive Angelic wings staying out as he stood.

"Brother." He said, sounding stoic.

Ash-Shaytān waved his hand without much care, motioning that he noticed his brother.

"The Universe was bathed in light. I came here to make sure that everything is safe in your hands." Gabriel spoke, standing like he was ready to fight at any moment. One hand rested on the hilt of his blade, the other down but clenched into a tight fist.

"Everything is...well everything WILL be fine Brother. I just have to think." Ash-Shaytān replied, not even glancing in the direction of Gabriel.

He only continued to pace while still being brought closer and closer to the edge.

Gabriel sighed, wiping his free hand over his face while still gripping his sword.

"Why don't you send some of us to take care of him?" Gabriel asked.

Ash-Shaytān stopped in his tracks, his eyes rapidly darting around as his mind began to race.

"Why didn't I think of that?" He asked, his voice shaking and wavering.

Gabriel shrugged with unease.

"If I send you and some of our Brothers and Sisters, he has no chance of surviving." Ash-Shaytān replied, still sounding mad.

"But if he is truly of the blood of our Father, we would not be anywhere near as strong as him." Gabriel replied.

"THAT IS MY POINT BROTHER!" Ash-Shaytān snapped and screamed, the veins bulging in his neck while his eyes were painfully red. They appeared bloodshot, on the cusp of bursting blood vessels.

"YOU WILL ALL BE SLAUGHTERED BY THAT ABOMINATION! HE SURVIVED THE BEASTS! WHAT CHANCE COULD YOU POSSIBLY HAVE?" Ash-Shaytān screamed louder, his eyes beginning to burn like fire. The scars covering his body began to glow as his blood of liquid fire tried to burst through. Rip open his flesh and escape.

"He has been weakened. He has less power than before, so it should be much easier." Gabriel replied softly, hoping to calm the situation.

Ash-Shaytān seemed annoyed at the comment.

"I sent them." He replied.

"What are you talking about Brother?" Gabriel asked.

"The Beasts. All of them." Ash-Shaytān said, finally turning to face his Brother.

Gabriel's face instantly changed to one of disbelief, but he was trying to hide it. He did not wish for his demeanor to change like his Brother.

"He...he survived them all?" Gabriel asked, swallowing hard afterwards.

"Oh not just survive. He defeated them. At once." Ash-Shaytān said.

Gabriel's grip on his sword loosened, no longer feeling that Ash-Shaytān was the threat to worry about the most.