Chapter 18: Following Suit

Shooting stars completely filled the sky.

White fireballs that left behind tails of sparkling dust that extended for miles and miles.

The entire Universe was filled with the trails of fire.

Every sky overcome.

Every sky falling throughout the Universe.

Ash-Shaytān made it to the star called Sirius.

A blinding ball of blue and white, so large it made him appear like nothing more than a speck.

"Brother? Are you here somewhere?" Ash-Shaytān shouted.

The Red, which had grown to the size of an average dwarf star, was nearly impossible to see due to the size difference and blinding light of Sirius.

"You don't look like my siblings."
The voice came from the star, making Ash-Shaytān jump back in surprise.

"Well hello there." He smiled wide.

The star shifted ever so slightly, shrinking to become closer in size to Ash-Shaytān.

"Who are you?" The star asked, observing Ash-Shaytān.

As it shrunk, the light became dimmer and dimmer.

"My name is..." Ash-Shaytān trailed off.

"I am Yawar Ziwa. I was created by my...well...our Father to be the guardian of light. He didn't give me a physical form like you, only this. Pure light and nothing more." Yawar said.
Ash-Shaytān nodded.
"I am...Iblis." He sad, giving a subtle bow.

"Iblis? I've never heard of you." Yawar replied.
"I am...quite young. Father became more creative in his old age, no longer wishing for the same cookie cutter Angels. I see that you are of the same vein." Ash-Shaytān said with a smirk.

"I guess that's true. How is our dear Father?" Yawar asked.

Ash-Shaytān tried to make his face appear sad, but it was hard to hide how happy the naivety made him.

"I am so sorry to inform you myself, I thought you would have heard. Our dear and lovely Father passed not too long ago." Ash-Shaytān said.

Yawar's body of pure light became very dim, almost a cold and dark rock from the sadness.
"I...oh my. I was not told. Nobody came to tell me. That is horrendous! Who is in charge now?" Yawar asked.

"Funnily enough, I am." Ash-Shaytān replied with a smirk.

"Really? How come you are in charge and not one of the Seraphs?" Yawar asked.

Ash-Shaytān looked curiously.

"You know about the Seraphs?" Ash-Shaytān asked softly.

"But why have you come to visit me now Brother Iblis?" Yawar asked.

Ash-Shaytān cleared his throat, turning to point out towards the edge of the Universe.

The cracks had grown larger, visible even from such a far distance.

Continuously growing larger and larger.

"Oh my goodness. What are those?" Yawar asked, sounding afraid.
The small star was rapidly pulsing, as if hyperventilating.
"Oh no worries Brother. No reason to be afraid. I came here because I believe that you are the one who can help me close them. What do you think of that?" Ash-Shaytān asked.

"I...I don't know...Brother Iblis." Yawar sounded afraid, unsure of what to think or say.

"I believe in you. You are the one who could save this Universe. Our siblings will be proud. Our Father will be proud." Ash-Shaytān said.