Chapter 12: War of Angels

Grand Angel had retreated back to his private mountain. A small cottage had been built made of dried clay and dirt, just enough to rest inside whenever he wished.

Eden had grown to cover most of the world, a single vibrant and expansive garden packed full of creatures. They roamed freely.

Some were peaceful, chewing on and snacking on bushes and leaves. Thinking very little, only enough to survive. They didn't seem bothered, only chewing on the vegetation.

But then there were others, prowling stealthily through the forest. Sharp teeth and claws ready to attack. Latch onto other creatures for sustenance.

A small fox was slowly making their way across the grass. Their orange fur sticking out wherever it went in the sea of green. As it made its way, looking for something to snack on, it was suddenly snatched from its place. Pulled behind a bush by an unseen animal. The sounds of flesh ripping, bones crunching, and blood dripping were barely even noticeable.

That was until the Grand Angel could feel the sense of the creature dying.

Every death was felt in his soul, feeling a heavy sadness.

Yet he didn't do anything.

He was going to let things happen as they should, no corrections or adjustments.

No interference of any sense.

The Grand Angel was sitting in a small living room. Candles were lit all around to fill the place with light. He waved his hand to form furniture. He attempted to fill his home with whatever he wanted or liked. Yet whenever he tried, it was clearly a struggle. He had to force the objects to form, his muscles aching and burning. Pushing himself to his newly discovered limits he never knew existed.

A bean bag formed in the center of the small living room, making the Grand Angel slightly tilt his head.

He stared at it curiously, as if unsure of what to think.

But it felt so familiar.

Like a subconscious memory.

Something that had been pushed back into his mind, hoping to never be retrieved again.

But he couldn't feel those feelings for long.

He once again could feel a sense of danger. A sense that everything was bound to be changed once again.

He made his way towards the door of his home.

He stretched his arm out in hopes the door would open, and even something as trivial or simple as that was a struggle. He decided to just open it physically with his hand, pushing it open and stepping out onto the peak of the mountain.

He looked up towards the sky, once again able to spot the shooting stars.

Except these were smaller, barely even visible in the morning sky.

He squinted curiously, unsure of what to make of them.

They came closer and closer, single balls of burning light and blinding fire.

The balls then exploded out, wings creating massive tails as they began to slow down. The fire fizzled to reveal the Seraphs, floating down and landing softly on the world one by one.

They stood in the center of Eden, looking around at the beautiful landscape with the creatures continuing to roam around them.

"What is this place?" Zerachiel asked.

"Looks like he tried to create a distraction, hoping to surprise us with an ambush." Gabriel said, immediately drawing his sword. Prepared to attack.

"Or...he just wanted something to take care of." Raguel replied.