Chapter 6: I Will Never Serve You

"Alright, we shall hold an election to determine who will be the person who is the leader of this Universe! We will allow those who wish to take on the role up here to stand alongside us!" Gabriel shouted to the crowd of Angels.

All of them cheered, yet nobody joined the Seraphs in a line.

They turned to share glances with each other, but nobody was brave enough to make their way up.

An election for one of them, no other Angels wishing to stand against them.

"Alright, then I guess it shall be..." Gabriel started.
"Now hold on just a second!"

Everyone turned.

Ash-Shaytān emerged from the crowd.

His body was covered in scars, his clothing ripped and torn all over.

He held a chain in one hand that stretched off seemingly forever into the darkness.

"While you were all distracted with this mess that they brought on us..." He shouted as he pointed at the Seraphs.

"I stopped our Universe from being destroyed!" Ash-Shaytān screamed.

He was panting and grunting, clearly in pain as blood made of pure fire was pouring down his body from his wounds.

All of the Angels looked confused as the Seraphs looked at each other, unsure of what he meant.

"What could have possibly ended the Universe that you prevented?" Remiel asked.

Ash-Shaytān pulled the chain hard.

An orb of pure red light emerged, laying on the ground with pained and slow pulsing. It resembled a miniature star, burning with pure red light of rage and violence.

Everyone gasped, afraid of what they were seeing.

The Seraphs all looked on in horror, less to do with the orb, and more to do with the fact that it was revealed to the others.

"How did he..." Zerachiel whispered to herself.

"Our Father...created this thing...to exist as evil and death." Ash-Shaytān said, still panting and grunting.

"That is not true!" Michael shouted, stepping forward.

All of the Angels stood together, even in the distance between Ash-Shaytān and the Seraphs.

They were caught in the middle, and had to choose a side.

"He created that thing to rid the Universe of evil! He trapped all of the darkness from the world and kept it trapped here to let the Universe survive!" Michael screamed.

All of the Seraphs were visibly uncomfortable, nervousness setting in as they could feel their power slipping away.

"And yet he tells none of them about it? Only us, who he trusted to be better than the others! We are all equal, are we not?" Ash-Shaytān shouted.

Michael was boiling with pure anger and rage.

Gabriel looked angry, but nowhere near the same level.

While the other Seraphs all stepped back in fear.

"You set it free! There is no other possibility of it escaping!" Gabriel shouted, much more composed than Michael.
"Set it free? Now why would I do such a thing?" Ash-Shaytān asked. He then fell to his knees, pretending to be even more hurt as he gasped for air.

Azrael and Verchiel both ran to him, helping him to his feet. Azrael stared at the weak and pulsing red star that laid on the ground.

"If we were not being forced into this flawed system of governance, then we could have stopped it from ever breaking free!" Michael shouted.