Chapter 13

Before they knew it it was time for Sophie's first match back in an England shirt.

Sophie smiled and sat in the changing rooms as she played with her hair watching her girlfriend pull her top with a small smirk as she tied her rainbow laces up tapping the toe on each before pulling her left sock up then her right. She did this the same for every game. Sophie went over and pulled her England jacket on and went over to Leah sliding the captains armband on her arm with a smile 'There all ready' she said pecking her lips gently as she went to the tunnel

Sophie breathed deeply looking back at Leah with a smile and went to the bench and sat next to Beth and leaned her head on her shoulder cuddling up and watching the game a blanket over their knees 'it's bloody Baltic' Sophie murmured shuddering 'your not wrong ' Beth said with a small smile and pulled out two hot water bottles wiggling them laughing as Sophie snatched one holding it close to her sighing in relief. Soon enough it was 1-0 to England and Brazil Sophie and Beth were jogging down the side of pitch and Brazil was in a counter attack Sophie watched as Earps saved it but landed funny on her ankle Sophie bit her lip and looked at Sarina as as the physios and doctors went onto the pitch and got a nod from Sarina and went back into the changing rooms and came out in a goalkeeper kit as the other two keepers had covid so they couldn't be there. Sophie pulled her gloves on as her number came up in green as she jogged on to the pitch and winked at Leah as she knew the odd occasion she played in goal. She got in the net and picked up the ball playing it out to the wings. Sophie kept a close eve on the game from the edge of her penalty area and clapped when Ella had scored.

Sophie got ready and tracked back as Brazil was on the attack jockeying from side to side then ran out and dived on the ball and took a few steady breaths passing it out to Leah. Sophie make a couple of routine saves before the match ended 2-0.

She shook hands with the players went back into the changing rooms taking her top off and breathing heavily going into the showers leaning on the wall then started washing herself and  got changed into her tracksuit and went to go wait on the bus with her headphones in.