Chapter 30

After the anthems she watched Leah do the coin toss with the German captain with her lip between her teeth as she saw how packed Wembley stadium was.

She took a deep breath as the game started Sophie started to get her ahead in the game and had a couple of attempts on goal that came to nothing and helped defend as play was turned over. Soon enough it came to half time and went to the changing room with her team grabbing a bottle of water on her way sipping it slowly listening to Sarina as she explained the changes that would be happening during the second half one of them being that Ellen was going off and Ella was coming on and Jill was going to come on in midfield. They soon Went back out onto the pitch Sophie stretching her muscles out with a cocky smirk as the half started.

They played for a renewed spirit fighting harder pushing further and as Sophie tackled a German player she got in her face as she pushed her 'Dare you to go that again' she said glaring at her as Leah came up and wrapped her arms around her pulling her away 'Easy now you don't want to get sent off' she said we have half an hour left we can do this' she whispered as Sophie nodded smiling at her. Suddenly England were on the attack with Sophie running up the field with the ball she passed it to Ella who was in some space and watched her as she chipped the German keeper with a big grin on her face she ran to her jumping on her back 'You legend' she said as they were swarmed by their teammates and the players on the bench. It wasn't long and it was going up to the 80th minute when Germany scored. Sophie looked up to the sky in dispair as she walked back to her position shaking her head taking a deep breath. Sophie started amping up the Wembley crowd getting them cheering as the game restarted for the last 10 minutes of normal time. She went over to the touch line when the 90 minutes were up and put an arm around Leah kissing her cheek as she sipped some water listening to Sarina 'Just a little bit more just a little longer this is your game to win' she said looking at her team 'Let's make history together' she said as the team clapped and ran back onto the pitch. Nothing much happened in the first half of extra time it was when England had a corner and Chloe Kelly went to go take it. Sophie was pushing the German players away from her as Chloe sent the ball in it bounced through all the players Sophie swung her foot at it but missed and then tried again watching it go into the net. Sophie Wheeled off in celebration her hands pointing to the sky before she pulled her top off swinging it around her head in celebration as everyone ran on to her. She got out fermi under her team mates and pointed up to the sky. She looked up at the red as she got booked for taking her top off she shrugged and put it back on 'Come on come on she murmured as she played 'Come on ref blow your whistle' Leah shouted thinking it was full time. Sophie chuckled 'we have a few more minutes yet Leah' she called as she got the ball as passed it to her and they just started keeping possession she got the ball a little further up the pitch and ran past the half way line and heard the whistle blow. The crowd erupted as Sophie fell to her her knees tears prickled her eyes. She let out a yelp as a few of the players jumped on her and laughed looking at them.