Chapter 27

Sophie bit her lip in anticipation as she watched the coaches go over the final details for the final looking around at the players as her breathing got shorter she got up and walked outside breathing heavily. Leah got up to follow her but Mary put a hand and Leah's shoulder 'Let me' she said as she walked out too. Mary walked through the corridors and found her on the training pitch looking up to the sky.

Mary went to her and put a hand on her shoulder 'Nervous?' She asked looking at her Sophie looked at her and nodded 'That obvious?' She asked looking at the goalkeeper. 'I just don't think I'm good enough to be playing in the final.' She said as she sat on the grass. Mary chuckled 'I thought that I'd never be good enough about five years ago' she said 'I'd never thought I'd be able to pull on an England jersey again' she said 'I hit rock bottom' she said 'from all the criticism from the media I let it get to me they got in my head' she said 'But you.... Since you have come back to arsenal to England to Leah I've watched you grow from strength to strength' she said  'Your the top scorer is WSL at the moment 2nd on the most cards behind McCabe of course' she said as Sophie let out a chuckle. 'And you're the top scorer of these euros'. She said. Sophie looked and nodded 'But what if we lose tomorrow?' She asked Mary looked at her as she smiled 'We are a team' she said 'Win together Lose together' she said 'we all have each others back' she said looking at her 'We can do this' she said as she stood up holding her hand out and helped Sophie up linking arms with her as they walked back inside.