aria has a type

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK ONE

CHAPTER ONE.

❝ i've always been more into water boys ❞

CAMP HALF blood had been a second home to Aria Silver's for two years now. She had first arrived on their godly doorstep at the young age of just 11, her pink target long sleeve shirt completely ripped, a celestial bronze dagger held tightly in her tiny fist. She had basically been fighting monsters while she still had some of her baby teeth. To say she had grown up  in this world of gods and centaurs, was partly true. Her mother, a mortal musician, raised her in a loving household, filled with the sweet sounds of melodies and strange fantastical stories of heroes and gods. Aria just never thought she would be one. Her father was Apollo, and she guessed she was pretty lucky to have him as her dad. Some of the other's at camp were not as fortunate. Numerous were unclaimed, and some of them genuinely just had shitty parents. The Ares cabin was renowned for having anger issues due to their dad being a bit of a douchebag and Aria could understand why. She would be angry too if that crazy war fanatic was her father too. She couldn't help but feel bad for the cabin though, Ares wasn't a great example of what it means to be a parent. But truth be told, none of the godly parents were great examples.

Each year when she showed up, she had a secret celebration. Her way of congratulating herself for surviving this long. It was a bit of a morbid thought, but Aria had never claimed to be a positive person.

Dark, elongated trees came into view as the cab dropped her off in the middle of the forest, sweat building on the demigod's forehead as the humidity began to take over. The cab driver turned to her, his dark brown hair shoved neatly under his yellow cap. He was mortal, and so therefore probably quite confused on why a thirteen year old girl just asked to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere.

"This is where you want me to drop you off?" The cab driver asked politely, his weary eyes scanning the surroundings.

"Yes, thank you," Aria said, and she quickly handed him some cash.

The driver stuffed it into his pocket, the green notes crinkling ever so slightly.

Aria hopped out of the car and shut the yellow door, watching as the man drove off back to civilisation. The forest air provided her a sense of comfort as she trekked through the foliage, the forest animals scampering away as she trudged her way up the hill. Eventually, she spotted a lone pine tree. That was all she needed to see to know that she was there.

Camp half blood.

Demigods of all sorts were whizzing around the camp, their vibrant orange t-shirts clinging to their half godly bodies. Some were screaming, some were crying (it was an Aphrodite child who had lost her favourite mascara), and some were just milling around with their friends.

The cabins were probably Aria's favourite part of the camp, each building showing its own personality. Poseidon's was blue with coral hanging from every corner, Aphrodite's was a light shade of purple, and rhinestones adorned the doorway, Ares's was...a bit rough looking, with weapons perched outside the entrance. Apollo's was a soft yellow, and tiny suns were dotted around the wooden exterior. The cabin emanated rays of sunlight, and the warmth spread through Aria's limbs like oxygen.

It felt good to be home.

Aria wasn't particularly close to any of her siblings. She didn't allow herself to be. The closer she got, the worse the pain would be if something ever happened to them. She refused to have a repeat of Sam.