the group meets fawn

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK TWO.

CHAPTER TEN.

❝ so are you like a victoria's secret model?❞

WHEN PERCY first arrived at camp, he hadn't really been able to find his "spark". He had sucked at shooting arrows, sucked at capture the flag, sucked at making things. He had gotten a lot better with a sword, and because of Luke's absence, he was the best sword-wielder at camp.

But now that they were on this boat, Percy realised that this was what he was good at. The Queen Anne's Revenge responded to his every moment, every command, every order. He knew which ropes to hoist, which sails to raise, which direction to steer. They plowed through the waves at what Percy figured was about ten knots. He even understood how fast that was! For a sailing ship, pretty damn fast.

Soon enough, night fell, and Aria offered to keep a lookout, sitting down on the hard wooden beams. Waves crashed nearby, and if Aria listened hard enough, she was sure she could hear monsters.

A weight on the beam caused her to look up.

"Hi," Percy greeted, sitting down next to her.

"Can't sleep?" she asked, shifting over so the boy had more room.

"I just can't stop thinking about Circe's island," the boy explained, looking uncomfortable. "If- if you hadn't of come I would still be a guinea pig."

Aria smiled. "What can I say. I'm known for my impeccable timing."

Percy turned to look at her, blue eyes boring into green. "What were you going to say to me. Back at the island?"

Aria shifted her gaze to the floor. "I already told you. It doesn't matter."

"Please," he said gently.

Aria thought jumping in the water looked pretty enticing right now.

She sighed, a light colour of red passing on her face. "I was just coming to say that..."

Percy nodded his head to encourage her to go on.

"I was just saying that I didn't think you needed a makeover," she said quickly, praying that he wouldn't ask her to repeat.

Percy looked confused. "What?"

"Well, I saw that you looked upset when she said you needed one a-and I was just coming in to say that I....didn't agree...with her."

Percy grinned from ear to ear. "So you think I'm cute?"

Aria's nervousness dropped. "Okay, that's a stretch, I was just merely comf-"

Percy chuckled. "I know, Silvers, I'm just messing with you."

Aria seemed to relax, but didn't say anything.

For a few moments, there was no noise but the gentle lapping of the ocean on the old wooden boat.

"Do you still think that we're still enemies?" Percy asked, breaking the silence.