simba? is that you?

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK THREE

CHAPTER SEVEN.

❝ jackson! nice to see you've joined the party! ❞

ARIA AIMLESSLY walked around the air and space museum, the shuffling of her shoes being the only audible noise in the building. The main part of the museum was one huge room with rockets and aeroplanes hanging from the ceiling. Three levels of balconies curled around, so you could look at the exhibits from all different heights. The place wasn't crowded, just a few families and a couple of tour groups of kids, probably doing one of the holiday school trips. 

The group looked all over the museum, making their way to the top floor balcony. Aria tapped the metal railing mindlessly, the golden bracelet on her wrist clinking harmoniously with the silver rod. At the forefront of her mind was Zoë and the Hunters. Joining them meant leaving behind everything she had known. She couldn't deny the allure of the Hunter's lifestyle, the sense of purpose that they might offer, but there was a nagging hesitation, a tug at her heart, whenever she pictured saying goodbye to a certain someone. 

A loud sound broke her out of her trance. Thalia had been pushed into the Apollo space capsule, a scream escaping the daughter of Zeus's lips. Almost reflexively, Aria pulled out her dagger, her watchful gaze lingering over the area where Thalia's yells had once echoed. On further inspection, it turned out it wasn't a what, but a who.

Of course it was Percy.

By the time the son of Poseidon had somewhat regained his balance, Zoë and Bianca had arrows notched, aiming at his chest. 

"Jackson!" Aria happily exclaimed. "Nice to see you've joined the party."

"Hey, Riri," Percy greeted, flashing her a confident smile. 

However, Zoë was not so happy to see the boy. She didn't seem anxious to lower her drawn bow. "You! How dare you show thy face here?"

"Percy!" Grover said. "Thank goodness."

Zoë glared at him, and he blushed. "I mean, um, gosh. You're not supposed to be here!"

"Luke," Percy spat out, as if his very name was like acid down his throat. "He's here."

The anger in Thalia's eyes immediately melted. She put a hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?"

Percy told them about the Natural History Museum, Dr. Thorn, Luke, and the General.

"The general is here?" Zoë looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie."

"Why would I lie? Look, there's no time. Skeleton warriors-"

"What?" Thalia demanded. "How many?"

"Twelve," Percy said. "And that's not all. That guy, the general, he said he was sending something. A playmate, to distract you over here. A monster."

Thalia and Grover exchanged looks. 

"We were following Artemis's trail," Grover said. "I was pretty sure it led here. Some powerful monster scent...she must've stopped here looking for the mystery monster. But we haven't found anything yet."