boy meets (demigod) world

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK ONE

CHAPTER TWO.

❝ you had a dream about me? ❞

HAVING PROPHECIES was basically second nature to Aria. But normally her prophecies had nice things like 'oh you're going to win a prize!' or 'oh you are about to get a pet dog!' not 'oh you're going to fall down a bottomless pit to your ultimate demise.'

As the shaken girl prepared for the day, flashes of the blue eyed boy replayed in her mind like a never ending film. She had so many questions, but no way to find an answer. She felt helpless. She tried shrugging off these thoughts as she slung her bow over her shoulder and walked out of her cabin, heading towards the training grounds.

The morning air buzzed with the energy of demigods engaged in various activities. Aphrodite's children trying different makeup looks on each other, Ares kids trying to kill anything and anyone, Hermes kids stealing whatever they could, just the usual. Aria's eyes scanned the familiar faces, searching for the sea blue gaze that had captured her imagination in the dream realm. However, the boy from her prophecy remained elusive.

The sun cast a warm glow over camp half blood as Aria, adorned with her golden bow, now searched for Annabeth amongst the bustling demigods. It was unusual not to find her best friend at their usual training spot, and Arias' steps quickened as she made her way towards the grounds, surveying the familiar faces.

"Annabeth!" she called out, but her voice was swallowed by the ambient noise of the camp.

Frowning, Aria checked the cabins, the archery range, and even the dining area, but there was no sign of Annabeth.

Deciding to explore the infirmary, Aria approached the area, where she noticed Luke leaning against a tree, his gaze fixed on the camp with a mysterious glint in his eyes. The scar that adorned his face was prominent, and the snug orange camp t-shirt accentuated his lean physique. A mop of black hair crowned his head, and Aria felt an unexplainable urge to reach out and touch it. However, she quickly shook off such thoughts, realising she was behaving no better than her missing friend.

"Luke, have you seen Annabeth recently?" Aria asked, inching closer to Hermes boy.

Luke turned to face her, a smirk playing on his lips, although Aria was not sure what was funny.

"Annabeths occupied. She's in the infirmary tending to the new boy"

"New boy? What happened?"

Luke's brown eyes gleamed, and Aria swallowed down an uncomfortable feeling in her throat. Was he always this weird?

"Nothing serious. Just a minor injury. You know how these things go. Demigods and their scrapes"

Arias' instinct tingled with suspicion, but she chose to partially trust Lukes word for now. What reason would he have to lie to her?

"Can you tell Annabeth to come find me if you see her?"

"Will do," Luke replied with a fake salute.

After her conversation with Luke, Aria returned to her training with a sense of unease. The rhythmic twang of her bowstring no longer brought the same comfort, and her mind couldn't shake off the image of an unconscious demigod in the infirmary. Luke knew something she didn't, and she hated the feeling of being left in the dark. However her thoughts were shoved to the recesses of her mind as her fellow campers gathered, the anticipation for the impending capture the flag game taking precedence. Aria never had a fondness for this particular camp activity; it seemed like little more than an excuse for kids to engage in sanctioned combat. Of course, she appreciated the imposed restrictions—after all, the idea of being tied to a tree with a gag in her mouth wasn't the most appealing prospect.