camp rock prepares for war

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK TWO

CHAPTER THREE.

❝ that's what siblings do, right? ❞

WAR WAS a crazy concept to Aria. In her Greek world, battles were confined to the pages of mythology and the occasional monster encounter. Yet, here she was, amidst the chaos of a new found battlefield. 

At first glance, Camp Half Blood didn't look all that different. The Big house still stood proudly with its blue gabled roof and its wrap-around porch, the strawberry fields still baked in the sun and the same white columned Greek buildings were scattered around the valley--the amphitheater, the combat arena, the dining pavilion overlooking Long Island Sound. And there, nestled between the woods and the creek were the same cabins--a crazy assortment of twelve buildings, each representing a different Olympian god.

But there was an air of danger now.

Instead of playing volleyball in the sandpit, counsellors and satyrs were stockpiling weapons in the tool shed. Dryads armed with bows and arrows talked nervously at the edge of the woods. The forest looked sickly, the grass in the meadow was pale yellow, and the fire marks on Half Blood Hill stood out like ugly scars. 

The place that Aria had once found comfort in, was now a complete and utter war zone. 

Passing by familiar faces on their way up to the Big House, no one greeted the group as they walked, their heads down, their souls weary. The air seemed heavy, like the impending weight of the battle was crushing her very lungs. No one said a word as the other campers strutted past, although a few did a double take at the sight of Tyson. Most however, just walked sullenly, their feet beating on the worn dirt road as they carried out their duties - running messages, toting swords to sharpen on grinding wheels. The old happiness of the camp was gone, replaced by a military school feel. 

None of that mattered to Tyson, he seemed fascinated by everything he saw. "Whasthat!" he gasped. 

Aria was beginning to see the similarities between the cyclops and the Son of Poseidon. 

"The stables for pegasi," Percy replied. "The winged horses."

"Whasthat!"

"Um...those are the toilets."

"Whasthat!"

"The cabins for the campers. If they don't know who your Olympian parent is, they put you in the Hermes cabin - that brown one over there - until you're determined. Then, once they know, they put you in your dad or mom's group.

He looked at Percy in awe. "You...have a cabin?"

"Number three." He pointed to a low grey building made of sea stone. 

When they got to the big house, they found Chiron in his apartment, listening to his favourite 1960s lounge music while he packed his saddlebags. As soon as they saw him, Tyson froze.

"Pony!" he yelled in total rapture.

Chiron raised an eyebrow, looking a bit offended. "I beg your pardon?"