percy meets the family

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK THREE

CHAPTER THREE.

❝ the hunters! ❞

ARIA HAD found Annabeth, Grover, and Thalia, the group meeting up in the middle of the hall, Green Day now blasting through the massive speakers positioned on each end of the gymnasium. 

"Where's Percy?" Annabeth asked, looking behind Aria as if the boy would just pop out unannounced. 

Aria turned around, expecting to see him standing there with his stupid smile. "I thought he was right behind me?"

Thalia scoffed unkindly. "He's probably crying in the corner cause he can't do my little mist trick." 

Now, Aria and Thalia were somewhat friends, but only she was allowed to be mean to Percy. "Don't be a bitch, Thalia."

Grover made an 'o' shape with his mouth, although didn't intervene to stop them. 

Thalia gave her a questioning look, crossing her black-clad arms. "You're always mean to him. How is this any different?"

Aria fought the urge to roll her eyes. "It just is." 

The daughter of Zeus didn't push the topic any further, resuming her previous scan of the gymnasium in search of Percy.

All of a sudden, Grover fell to his satyr knees in agony, clutching his hat protected horns with his hands. The three girls instantly joined him on the floor, holding him steady.

"Grover?" Thalia asked, all previous saltiness washed away. "What's happening?"

"It's Jackson, isn't it?" Aria questioned the groaning boy. Percy was smarter than she gave him credit for. He had probably used their empathy link.

Grover nodded in response, his headache seeming to soothe. "He's in a fight outside. We need to help him. Now."

Annabeth helped the satyr up and the four of them ran outside, the cold air hitting Aria like a brick. The moonlight reflected on her silver locket that remained fasted on her neck at all times. Although, she was still yet to use it. 

She spotted Percy in the near distance, Riptide held fiercely in his hand. The siblings stood next to him, watching as Dr. Thorn transformed into his monster-self. 

Annabeth silently slipped on her cap, the air shimmering around her with invisible ripples. 

The remaining trio watched as the daughter of Athena plowed into the di Angelos and Percy, knocking them to the ground unexpectedly, catching the monster by surprise. The vice principal threw a volley of missiles that zipped harmlessly over their heads. This gave Aria, Thalia and Grover, a chance to advance from behind--Thalia wielding her magic shield, Aegis. 

Only the few people who have seen Thalia charge into battle have known true fear. She uses a huge spear that expands from this collapsible Mace canister she carries in her pocket, but that's not the scary part. Her shield is modelled after one her dad Zeus uses--also called Aegis--a gift from Athena. The shield has the head of the gorgon Medusa molded into the bronze, and even though it won't turn you to stone, it's so horrible, most people will panic and run at the sight of it. Even Dr. Thorn winced and growled when he saw it. 

Thalia moved in with her spear. "For Zeus!"

Thalia jabbed at his head, but he snarled and swatted the spear aside. Aria watched as his hand changed into an orange paw with enormous claws that sparked against Thalia's shield as he slashed. If it hadn't been for Aegis, Thalia would have been sliced like a loaf of bread. As it was, she managed to roll backwards and land on her feet.