here comes the goat, all dressed in white

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK TWO

CHAPTER FOUR.

❝ are you team peeta or team gale? ❞

APPARENTLY, THE new camp director's life goal was to ruin children's lives. Specifically demigods. The next few days were torture, the ex prisoner making everyone's lives miserable.

Aria spent most of her time with Annabeth and Tyson, the camp's impending doom damping their spirits a little. Tyson though, was blissfully unaware of the camp's fate, and he skipped around the area happily. Aria thought that it was refreshing to have someone not constantly talking about fate, and death, and more death.

Percy didn't spend much time with the group now that Tyson was there. Not that Aria was complaining. The blonde haired boy now avoided the cyclops like he was a disease. Might as well have given him a mask.

Aria thought he was being dramatic. But then again, when wasn't he? People in the camp no longer treated him like the hero who had returned the lightning bolt, but rather, the boy who had brought in a monster. It was interesting to see how quickly hearts were changed.

The little time that Aria did spend with Percy, was mostly him denying the fact that Tyson was his brother.

"He's not my real brother!" the Son of Poseidon protested whenever Tyson wasn't around. "He's more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. Like...a half-brother twice removed, or something."

Any shred of respect that Aria once had for the boy was gone. Percy's true colours were showing now, and Aria couldn't say she liked the artwork it was creating.

Annabeth suggested that the three of them team up for the chariot race. Aria agreed, even though teaming up with Percy while he was in this state, wasn't ideal.

One morning, Annabeth, Percy and Aria were sitting by the canoe lake sketching chariot designs, when an Aphrodite kid walked by, asking Percy if he needed to borrow some eyeliner for his eye..."oh, sorry, eyes."

It was a lowly insult, not a very good one, but still cruel, and Aria stood up off the bank and marched over to the snickering demigod. The girl seemed to stop laughing though, as Aria shoved her into the lake.

"You make another rude comment about Tyson, and I'll make sure your pretty little face doesn't come up from the water. We clear?" Aria shouted.

The Aphrodite child squeaked out a yes and quickly got out of the water, running back to her cabin.

Aria felt a little mean, but she didn't care. She was tired of people walking over her and her friends. And besides, she felt a little protective over Tyson now.

She sat back down on the floor as if nothing had happened.

"Thanks. For sticking up for me," Percy said.

"I wasn't sticking up for you. I was doing it for Tyson," Aria shot back, avoiding eye contact with the boy.

Annabeth grumbled. "Just ignore them, Percy. It's not your fault you have a monster for a brother."