where is the nearest wingstop

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK TWO.

CHAPTER SEVEN.

❝ what? lafayette is dead. ❞

"THERMOS!" PERCY screamed as they hurtled towards the water. 

"What?" Annabeth yelled, gripping onto the boat straps so tightly that her knuckles were turning white.

However, Tyson seemed to understand, and he opened a duffel bag and took out Hermes's magical thermos without losing his grip on it or the boat.

Arrows and javelins whistled past.

Percy grabbed the thermos. "Hang on!"

"I am hanging on!" Annabeth shouted.

Aria yelled back. "What do you think I'm doing? Writing a novel?"

"Hold on tighter!"

Aria hooked her feet under the boat's inflatable bench, and, as Tyson grabbed the back of her, Annabeth, and Percy's shirt, the son of Poseidon gave the thermos cap a quarter turn. 

Instantly, a white sheet of wind jetted out of the thermos and propelled them sideways, turning them downward plummet into a forty-five degree crash landing.

The wind seemed to laugh as it shot from the thermos, like it was glad to be free. As they hit the ocean, they bumped once, twice, skipping like a stone, then they were whizzing along like a speed boat, salt spray in their faces and nothing but sea ahead.

Aria heard a wail of outrage from the ship behind them, but they were already out of weapon range. The Princess Andromeda faded to the size of a white toy boat in the distance, and then it was gone. 

As they raced over the sea, Annabeth tried to send an Iris-message to Chiron, figuring it was important to let someone know what Luke was doing, and they had no idea who else they could trust. Camp was full of spies. 

The wind from the thermos stirred a nice sea spray that made a rainbow in the sunlight - perfect for an iris-message - but the connection was still poor. When Annabeth threw a golden drachma into the mist and prayed for the rainbow goddess to show Chiron, his face appeared all right, but there was some kind of weird strobe light flashing in the background and rock music blaring, like he was at a dance club. 

As they told him about sneaking away from camp, Luke, the Princess Andromeda, and the golden box for Kronos's remains, between the noise on his end and the rushing wind and water on their end, Aria wasn't sure how much he heard.

"Percy," Chiron yelled, "you have to watch out for--"

His voice was drowned out by loud shouting behind them - a bunch of voices whooping it up like Comanche warriors.

"What?" Percy yelled.

"Curse my relatives!" Chiron ducked as a plate flew over his head and shattered somewhere out of sight.

"Annabeth, you shouldn't have let them leave camp! But if you do get the Fleece--"

"Yeah, baby!" somebody behind Chiron yelled. "Woo-hooooo!"