group therapy

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK TWO.

CHAPTER SIX.

❝ WHY DO YOU HATE US!? ❞

THEY SNUCK through the corridors, following the ships's YOU ARE HERE signs toward the admiralty suite. Annabeth scouted ahead invisibly. 

As they came up the stairs to deck thirteen, where the admiralty suite was supposed to be, Annabeth hissed, "Hide!" and shoved them into a supply closet. 

Aria heard a couple of guys coming down the hall. 

"You see that Aethiopian drakon in the cargo hold?" one of them said. 

The other laughed. "Yeah, it was awesome."

Annabeth and Aria locked eyes, their features contorting into one of shock. 

"I hear they got two more coming," the familiar voice said. "They keep arriving at this rate, oh, man--no contest!"

The voices faded down the corridor. 

"No way that was fucking Chris Rodriguez?" Aria exclaimed. 

"What's another half-blood doing here?" Percy whispered. 

They kept going down the corridor. Aria didn't need a ship map to tell her she was getting close to Luke. She could already sense something cold and unpleasant--the presence of evil. 

"Wait," Annabeth stopped suddenly. "Look."

She stood in front of a glass wall looking down into the multi-storey canyon that ran through the middle of the ship. At the bottom was the promenade - a map full of shops - but that's not what had caught Annabeth's attention. 

A group of monsters had assembled in front of the candy store: a dozen laistrygonian giants like the ones who had apparently attacked Percy with dodgeballs, two hellhounds and-

"Scythian Dracaenae," Aria whispered. "Dragon women."

The monsters made a semicircle around a young guy in Greek armour who was hacking on a straw dummy. A lump formed in Aria's throat when she realised the dummy was wearing an orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt. As they watched, the guy in armour stabbed the dummy through its belly and ripped upward. Straw flew everywhere. The monsters cheered and howled.

"I would pay good money to see Luke get that treatment," Aria said, scowling at the scene before her. 

Percy grabbed one of the loops on her shorts and pulled her away. "Let's not get too violent here, Silvers."

At the end of the hallway were double oak doors that looked like they must lead somewhere important. When they were thirty feet away, Tyson stopped. "Voices inside."

"You can hear that far?" Percy asked.

Tyson closed his eyes like he was concentrating hard. Then his voice changed, becoming a husky approximation of Luke's. "--the prophecy ourselves. The fools won't know which way to turn."