stork story

₊ ⊹ book four ˎˊ˗

chap two!

٠ ࣪⭑

❝ are you off your meds? ❞

٠ ࣪⭑ SAM'S GRIP on the girl's arm was unwavering, the son of Hermes holding onto her bicep like it was the last meal he would ever feast his eyes on. 

Her surroundings felt familiar; like she had just been here. Perhaps in a dream? A prophecy? Or maybe...

Atlas appeared before her. 

"Well," he grunted, a fire in his eyes that no one could extinguish. "If it isn't our own little teleporter."

Aria frowned. "What? Are you off your meds?"

The god smirked.

"I'm assuming Sam hasn't given you...the talk?" 

The boy beside her made an annoyed noise in his throat. 

"What talk?" Aria asked, her gaze flickering between demigod and god, each face holding a hint of uncertainty, each clenched fist holding a story of resentment. "My mom already gave me the stork sto-"

"No!" Atlas exclaimed. "A different talk! Oh my gods."

Sam snarled. "We were just about to get to it."

Atlas nodded, his eyes tracing every corner of the girl as if surveying her like his own personal experiment. 

He raised his eyebrow in question. "Do you think this will work?"

Aria felt as lost as she did in maths. 

Sam grinned, somehow tightening his grip on her already aching arm. "It's going to work. I know it will. She will do as I ask."

Aria furrowed her brows and placed a free hand on her hip. "She? She as in me? Cause it better not be me, you conniving little snake of a demigod, because I will never do-"

Atlas rolled his eyes. "Take her away."

"Come, Aria," Sam cooed sadistically. "Many things to discuss."

The next room that she was forcefully shoved into was like a doctors office. Not that Aria had ever gone to the doctors. But she had seen Greys Anatomy enough to know that this, was not a regular office space. 

Sam shoved her down roughly on the seat, Aria half stumbling in the process.

"Bitch," she muttered under her breath, fixing her position on the grey chair beneath her.

Sam sat across from her, the boy leaning forward in his own chair. "Do you know why you're here?"

Aria shook her head. "Clearly not, you piece of shit, otherwise I wouldn't be asking every two seconds why I'm being held hostage." 

The boy was not fazed. "You are here for a very special reason, Aria."

She fought the urge to roll her eyes. "Enlighten me."

He took a deep breath. "You can...how do I put this? You can time travel."

"I'm sorry. What now?"

"Your dad," Sam began, intertwining his hands together in his lap, "had a prophecy, a very long time ago, that one of his daughters would be able to time travel, their power able to shape or destroy a civilisation."