did ya miss me

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK THREE

CHAPTER TWO.

❝ you're stupid! ❞

THE FRIDAY before winter break, Aria, Annabeth, and Thalia stood patiently outside the Jackson's apartment, waiting for Sally to be able to drive them to Bar Harbour. Percy opened the door to his apartment complex and stepped outside, backpack in hand. 

He nodded his head as a greeting to Thalia who simply gave him the middle finger. 

"Hey, Annabeth," he said, moving on from that encounter. 

Annabeth leaned in to give him a small sideways hug. "Hey, Percy."

The two pulled apart and Percy turned to look at Aria. "Hi, Silvers."

The girl gave him a lopsided grin, although, didn't make any move to hug him like Annabeth had. "Long time no see, Jackson."

Percy smirked. "You miss me?"

"Not at all," Aria replied, fixing the loose strap on her bag. 

Annabeth clapped. "Should we get in the car?"

Everyone gave a collective nod and piled on into the car, Percy in passenger seat, Aria on the far left, Annabeth in the middle, and Thalia on the far right. 

It was an eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbour, Maine. Sleet and snow pounded on the highway. Between the blizzard and the thought of what they were about to do, the group was too nervous to talk all that much. Except for Percy's mom. She seemed to talk more when she was nervous. By the time they finally got to Westover Hall, it was getting dark, and she'd told the three girls every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about Percy.

Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the grey churning ocean on the other. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Sally asked. 

"No, thanks, Mom," Percy said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

Percy's cheeks tinted red, and Aria had to fight back the urge to laugh at his discomfort. The boy did not look too thrilled about the fact that his mother was driving them around. 

"It's okay, Ms Jackson." Annabeth smiled reassuringly, her braids tucked into a ski cap. "We'll keep everyone out of trouble." 

Sally seemed to relax at Annabeth's words. The daughter of Athena had that effect on people. "All right, dears," she announced. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Ms. Jackson," Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride."

"Extra sweaters? Percy, do you remember my phone num-"