i normally love gingers but

₊ ⊹ book four ˎˊ˗

chap four!

٠ ࣪⭑

❝ i give up with you. ❞

٠ ࣪⭑ SUMMER VACATION had finally arrived, and to say that Aria felt relieved was an understatement. Sure, for the past, what, three or four years, every summer had been a bit of a test of whether or not she could survive, it didn't make her any less excited for not having to do any more linear equations in math class.

Fighting monsters was easier than graphing cartesian planes. 

Aria pulled the lipgloss over her pouted mouth in an attempt to look...a little older? She wasn't sure why she felt this sudden urge to look as pretty as possible, but she kinda liked the prospect of trying to look nice. 

Her brown hair was done up in a high ponytail, and her mermaid style top fitted her toned body nicely, the curves sculpting her body like a Greek statue. The top was blue; not for any particular reason. Although...never mind. 

The sound of the door creaking open offered her a break from the constant torment of her dilemma's, Mrs Roberts sauntering into her bedroom, a sneaky smile on her wrinkled face.

"Ready to go to your date?" the older woman cheekily asked with a grin. 

Aria rolled her eyes. "It's not a date. We're just..hanging out."

Mrs Roberts raised an eyebrow. "Hanging out. One on one. At the movies."

"Well when you put it like that...but it's not a date!"

The daughter of Hephaestus chuckled. "Fine. I won't say the d-word any more."

"Since when were we talking about dick?"

"I give up with you."

"You're allowed to say dick, it's not the 1920's anymore."

"Get in the car."

Fiddling with the bracelet on her wrist, Aria glanced out the blurry car window in an attempt to calm her nerves. Her hair felt too heavy all of a sudden, and her makeup was starting to itch at every corner of her drawn face. 

The car pulled to a stop in front of a crooked old building, the peeling movie posters hanging drearily off the cracked windows. The suburb was quiet, except for the distant police sirens that echoed mindlessly around the corner. 

Waving goodbye to Mrs Roberts, Aria wordlessly got out of the car, the brunette's eyes wandering around her now desolate surroundings. Percy's school was just down the street, and the sound of teenage-

Someone ran straight into her. 

"Watch where you're going!" Aria huffed out in annoyance, and the boy who had just rammed into her swivelled around in recognition.

Of course, it had to be Percy. Who else would be running at an insane speed down the middle of a deserted street? 

"Oh," the boy breathily said, scanning her body up and down in one slow movement, a smirk etching its way onto his face, "hey sunshine."

Aria opened her mouth to respond when a girl charged out of the alley that Percy had seemingly bolted out of, yelling, "Jackson! Wait up!"

The daughter of Apollo was not one for being controlling or jealous (at least, she didn't think she was), but Jackson was her nickname. Percy was her boy. The son of Poseidon was a book only she could read from. Why was this...wait.