battle of the gym squad

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK ONE

CHAPTER THREE.

❝ athena always has a plan ❞

"WHY IS Clarisse chasing you again?" Aria asked, placing a confused hand on her hip. She knew that the Ares kids were no good, but she was surprised that they were specifically targeting Percy and Annabeth.

"Maybe because Percy drenched her in toilet water? I'm not sure, just a thought though," Annabeth commented, shooting Percy one of her signature death stares. Oh, never mind. Aria understood now.

"She deserved it," Percy protested.

"I don't even want to know," Aria said, raising her hands in mock surrender. 

Annabeth shot a cautious glance behind her shoulder, and Aria could already hear the clogs working in her Athena-wired mind. Percy stood there as if unsure of what to do, and the boy shifted uncomfortably in his helmet that Aria guessed was a tad on the larger side.

"I think your helmet is too big," she commented, and the unclaimed boy glanced at her with a look of shock, surprised that the girl was even talking to him. 

The shock quickly faded though, and his once relaxed expression contorted into one of annoyance. "I think your helmet is too big."

Aria sneered. "New York doesn't teach comebacks, does it?"

"Obviously this camp isn't doing you much good either."

Annabeth's gaze flickered over to the bickering duo, her brows furrowed. "Ri, aren't you literally from New York?"

Percy let out a small snicker at her abrupt call out. 

"That's not the point," the daughter of Apollo defended, glaring daggers at the blonde boy who was still having a small chuckle to himself.

"Blondie," she called after a few silent seconds, and Percy's eyes gave her a 'really?' look. "Stop laughing. The sound is almost as bad as Annabeth singing."

"Hey, I'm a good sing-"

Percy cut her off, drawing himself up from his slouched posture. "Brownie- wait, that sounds bad-"

"Dude..."

"Guys!" Annabeth interrupted, the daughter of Athena fiddling with her black braids, twisting each lock between her stressed fingers.  "Let's head over this way," she eventually decided, leading the group further towards the lake, the ripples of the water reflecting the mid-day sun.

Aria slung her bow over her shoulder and hastily drew her dagger, expecting to come into close contact with the incoming group of war fanatics.  

"I think we lost them," Percy declared proudly, his gaze locking onto Aria, causing her to squirm in the discomfort of being watched by dream boy.

"Oh, do you now?" she quipped, placing her extracted dagger back into its sheath, the celestial bronze no longer glinting in the rays of sun that were projecting down onto the group. 

"I do actual-"

All of a sudden, a hand shot up behind Annabeth, cruelly dragging her to the ground. Clarisse snarled as the remaining duo swivelled around to face her, her spear pointed hungrily at Percy.

"Never mind, we, in fact, did not lose them" Percy unhelpfully commented, and Aria had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. Gods this boy was annoying.