he's acting normal

rigby's pov

i wake up on the couch with a pounding headache.

what the fuck happened last night?? i don't even remember how i got here, the last thing i remember is..

ugh. running away from eileen on the dance floor.

i hope she's not mad at me, that was a dick move. i'm laying on my stomach face first into the couch,

so i use my arms to push on the couch to sit up. looking around, the house seems dead. what time even is it??

i get up, still dressed in my clothes from last night as well as in my jewelry and shoes. i walk to the kitchen to read the clock that says it's 12:07pm?!?

HOW DID I SLEEP THAT LONG. well, i actually don't even know how late we got home last night. but still, we never stay out that late.

wait where the fuck is my phone?? it's not on me and it wasn't on the couch..?

i wearily walk upstairs, the house completely silent.

i find our bedroom door ajar, so i creak it open more just to find that mordecai isn't in here either.

what the fuck where'd he go?? and why didn't he wake me up??? i walk in our room and shut the door, i need to change.

walking further into our room, i see that my blanket's on my trampoline as if i was in it, and wait is that my phone??

walking over to my trampoline, i move my blanket over and reveal that is my phone... okay what the fuck.

so i was already laying down for the night, how did i get to the couch?? no way i sleepwalked, i don't do that shit.

brushing it off, i try to ignore it and take off my jewelry. followed by changing out of my current clothes and changing into an oversized long sleeve and sweatpants.

i sit down on my trampoline with my phone and start to dial mordecai's number. his is the only one that i know by heart, i don't even know my own parent's.

i always dial his number manually instead of just pressing his name every time, i don't really know why tho. just instinct.

it rung a few times before he answered.

m: *answers* "...hello?"

r: "hey dude, where the fuck did you go??"

m: "i'm uh, at the coffee shop.."

r: "oh, why didn't you wake me up?!"

m: "..um.. i don't know"

r: "..ookay? when do you think you'll be back?"

m: "like... i-in a little bit"

r: "okay..? i'll let you go then i guess..?"

m: "okay"

r: "..bye dude"

m: *hangs up*

what the fuck was that?!?!? i was using a joking upbeat tone in the first half of the call, why is he acting like that???

is he mad at me?? that was so awkward?!? what the actual fuck this is actually starting to piss me off.

did i do something while i was drunk?? why's he being a dick?

i stand up and start to examine the house, seeing if anything was out of place that i could've broken while i was drunk.

everything seemed normal?? everything but the couch being all fucked up cause i slept there, everything was fine.

i don't get why he's acting like that towards me.

pulling my phone back out, i check my texts and recent phone log to see if i texted/called anyone that could've upset him, and there was nothing?!?

are you fucking kidding me he better have an explanation for this, cause i'm in a shitty fucking mood now.

motherfucker didn't even say bye.

mordecai's pov

i sit in the coffee shop with my head in my arms on top of the table, confused.

he's acting like nothing fucking happened.

i mean come on, how did he expect me to react?? there's no way i'm not his crush.

eugh. i slightly cringed at the word 'crush'.

he's my bro. it's not like i wanna, but i feel kinda weirded out he has a CRUSH on me. or, atleast probably does...

i get up, leaving my half dranken coffee at the table and start walking home. i didn't even really want coffee, just an excuse to not be home when he woke up.

i still don't wanna go home, but i have to at some point. plus, he's acting normal. which is kinda even more weird..

but oh well. i wanna know what the fuck is up, cause seriously he can't just be going around doing that.

once i get to the park house i take a deep breath before opening the door.

walking in, i see rigby coincidentally already coming down the stairs. he gives me a side eye and just keeps walking.

once he's past me, i finish closing the door and kick my shoes off. he's in different clothes than when i left, i think he had just passed out right where he was after i threw him off of me.

"so..." i say, walking into the kitchen behind him. he's getting advil from the cabinet when suddenly he whips around with a mad expression.

"what do you mean, 'so?' what the fuck was that why were you so pissy on the call. i was kidding i don't actually give a fuck that you didn't wake me up and shit!"

oh?? does he not...

"oh.. sorry dude i didn't realize. i was talking to margaret at the same time that's my bad" i lied, but why is he acting like nothing fucking happened last night??

as if i don't have a REASON to be... i don't even know. i mean i'm not MAD at him.. i don't know.

"..oh. well whatever. but seriously tho, wake me up next time. like you said, 'our sleep schedule can't be all wack by the time benson gets back'" i nod.

"okay dude" there were a few seconds of awkward silence before he broke it with a question.

"so.. fuck even happened last night?? i don't even remember leaving the club" he asked with a chuckle.

wait... he.. he doesn't remember? oh my god... that makes so much sense.

"hello? mordecai??" i was staring at the floor.

"what?? sorry dude, didn't get much sleep last night" which was true, after i realized i'm pretty sure he likes me i couldn't sleep at all.

i pulled a whole all nighter, even felt my drunk-ness wear off bit by bit.

"i said what happened last night? i think i blacked out.." i chuckle. "hell yeah you did. i had to carry you all the way to your trampoline from the car, and into the car from the club!" i laugh more.

he laughs too for a second, but then stops. "wait.. to my trampoline?? i woke up on the couch.. how'd i get there?" i feel my face get hot.. wait what the fuck?!?

"oh- uh... you.. y-you just got up during the night, for water, and passed out" i said, nervously.

i mentally facepalm. "..oh? okay..?" ughhh. our whole interaction after that was awkward. but finally like an hour later he went to go take a shower, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

i go upstairs and sit on my bed. am i sure he has a crush on me?? it would explain why he's been acting weird towards me all month..

but how could i be sure???

..maybe i could test it...

what if i tease him and see if he gets flustered or anything.. but incase he doesn't, i'll still seem normal enough to disguise as just being in a weird mood or something if he asks.

that sounds like a good plan to me. i don't know what i'll say, but i'll just do something in the moment i guess..