out of it

mordecai's pov

rigby leaves the room as i feel my face start to burn up.

ugh that was so awkward. he definitely has a crush on me. fuck...

RIGBY has a CRUSH. on ME.

...

what the fuck do i do.

how long has this been going on for??? and why didn't he tell me..

time skip 10am

i reach my arm over the nightstand, turning off my alarm that's currently blaring in my ears.

looking over to rigby's trampoline, i see he's back in here. i just went to sleep after last night.

i swing my legs over my bed and stand up. i need to pee.

i go and do that, and by the time i got back to our room, rigby was gone. huh?? he was here when i wokeup i swear?

i grab my phone and walk downstairs to see rigby in the fridge. "mornin dude" i say, walking into the kitchen.

he looks at me with a blank expression then back towards the fridge, before responding "morning" with a monotone voice.

a few seconds of silence pass by before i say "i think i'm gonna go down to the coffee shop later, wanna come with?" he hesitates but mutters "eh, i'm good"

"why not? we don't have anything else to do today" "i-i have a bad headache, i don't wanna go to the place with the most blinding lights. you can go tho of course, i don't care"

i wait a second before responding "oh, okay then.. you should take some advil" he finally closes the fridge ending up just getting a cup of water.

"yeah..." he says, turning to walk into the livingroom, presumably going upstairs to the bathroom closet for the medicine bin.

he seems... weird. maybe he's just tired?? he looks 'out of it'.

i don't know.. but i should text margaret. i hope she's working today, and soon.

rigby's pov

i walk upstairs, nearly spilling my cup of water because i forgot i was holding it.

i walk to the bathroom closet while feeling my anxiety start to somewhat ease as i'm alone now.

i don't even need advil, i don't have a headache.

but there is NO WAY IN HELL i'm going to the coffee shop with him today, he'll probably just be all over margaret anyway.

but besides that, mordecai's scaring me.. i don't know he's just acting different and it's concerning. like, i don't know his next move-type of different.

i need to distance myself from him.

i can't let him get too close. if anyone's gonna be close to me and really know be it'll be mordecai, but no one can know the real 100% me.

no one.

and when someone gets too close, i tend to push them away.

i don't wanna push him away.. but i seriously CANNOT let him in.

it's making me anxious at this point, and my anxiety gets worse when he's physically near me.

my heart was POUNDING while talking to him at the fridge.

i pour my water out in the sink and throw the paper cup away in our bathroom trashcan.

walking out of the bathroom, i mentally search the whole house thinking of where a pencil sharpener would be.