an extra $25

rigby's pov

i feel a hand on me, gently rubbing my arm.

"rigby.. rigby?" i hear mordecai whisper as i start to blink my eyes open. he's standing next to the bed.

i raise my eyebrows and go "mmm" as a way of telling him i'm aware. he smiles.

"morning sleepyhead. it's like 8:05, i let you sleep in, but you should really shower as soon as you can. benson seems to be in a really bad mood today, i don't know why" he tells me.

"pft, when is he not" i say as i lift my head up from the pillow and sit up. i take a deep breath and try to wake up more.

it feels like i got no sleep last night, i know i had like a million dreams but i don't remember any of them, all except for the one of the beach..

i scooch to the edge of the bed and wrap my arms around mordecai, resting my head on upper-half of his stomach.

i take another deep breath as i feel his hand starting to go through my hair, making me smile.
"wanna go out for ice cream later?" mordecai asks me.

ice cream? that's random, but okay. "yeah sure" i say looking up at him smiling.

he smiles and kisses my forehead before glancing at the time then back at me with a more alert expression.

"okay you gotta go shower, go go go" he says as he nudges me towards the door. "hold on! lemme get clothes first" i respond giggling.

mordecai's wearing jeans and stuff but ugh i just can't. i pick out baggy sweatpants and 'accidentally' grab mordecai's hoodie instead of mine.

we have the same one, his being atleast two sizes bigger than mine, making it extra comfy.

plus.. it's mordecai's.

once i was in the bathroom i realized it still smells like his cologne. ehehehehehehe.

time skip 50 minutes

me and mordecai sit down on the porch stairs, us being the last ones outside.

"okay, now that everyone's here let's begin. i have some special jobs for you guys today so listen up_" i immediately zoned benson out for a little, knowing he always gets to us last.

"..and finally, mordecai and rigby, i'm gonna need you guys to get the cart and go pickup something for me at this address. just knock and tell them i sent you, they'll know from there. no questions asked, and you two don't fuck this up, you can each have an extra $25" benson tells us as he hands mordecai a sticky note with an address on it.

we agree while giving each other a look, both equally concerned, but also excited for the $25.

hmm.. $25. that's the exact amount of money that edibles are... i've been wanting to get some, just for funsies.

but honestly, last night pushed me over the edge. i feel like i NEED some now. or a shot. or a hit. fucking anything.

i really hope mordecai says yes...

mordecai's pov

me and rigby sit adjacent in the cart, me in the drivers seat.

we're on the way to this oh so secret place benson sent us to. i really wanna know what we're picking up.

once we finally leave our area of town i feel confident enough to be affectionate.

nothing too much, i just slipped my right hand from the steering wheel down to rigby's thigh, making sure i have the wheel steady driving one-handed.