3. Amnesia

You will live a long life, my love

You will live a long life, my love. An eternity without me~
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dashi opened her eyes and felt the sharp pain in her body. She touched her head and felt a bandage wrapped around it, she looked at her arms which were also bandaged up. She looked at the couple cop sitting beside her hospital bed.

Male cop: How do you feel kid? My name is Nakamura Shigure.

Female cop: And I'm Nakamura Mai.

She took Dashi's hand and waited for her to speak. Dashi didn't remember anything and felt a lump in her throat, she wasn't able to utter a word. The woman noticed it and looked at the man

Mai: Dear.. Can you call the doctor?

Shigure nodded and went out to call the doctor.

///////////////

The doctor called the couple cop to talk somewhere private.

Doctor: We've ran some tests. She has temporary memory loss and muteness. These things are usually caused by physiological injury, illness, medical side effects, psychological trauma, developmental disorders, or neurological disorders. In her condition it seems like the cause is due to trauma or injury. Don't worry she'll gradually be fine.

The couple nodded and went back to Dashi.

Shigure: kid do you really not remember anything?

Dashi was confused and shook her head.

Mai: Your name is Hitto Dashi and you're 7 years old. That's all we know for now and we'll take you on until you recover.

Dashi was very confused. Who are these people? Am i really Dashi? But i feel safe with them..

Dashi looked at the cop couple's police uniform carefully and picked up a pen and paper writing on it. She handed the paper to the woman and it read

Are you guys cops?

Shigure: uhm yeah sweetie.. out of all the things you could've asked you asked tha-

His wife kicked his shin for him to stop.

Mai: Yes, Dashi and we'll take good care of you. It might be hard living with us but you'll be just fine.

Dashi didn't know why but she felt her eyes watering. Mai hugged Dashi and smiled at her reassuringly.

Shigure: I love how you can shut kids up Mai~

Mai: Don't mind his words. My husband is dumb and he just doesn't know how to handle kids

Shigure: Hey!! That's not true. You think you can handle kids just because you're a woman?!

Mai: Definitely better than a man.

Dashi smiled at the bickering of the couple. The couple stared at Dashi, her beautiful Hazel eyes and hair, her perfect cute pearly white teeth. Dashi was a truly adorable child.

Mai: Isn't she very pretty?

///////////////////

A few days passed by as the couple took care of Dashi. Dashi was a very calm and mature child, she studied herself, washed her dishes, and sometimes cooked small omelettes for Mai and Shigure.

Mai: Yk Dashi you don't have to wash the dishes~ You're such a good child

She patted Dashi's head. Dashi smiled and put away the neat and clean plates. She went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth then went to bed. The couple stared as the door closed behind Dashi.

Shigure: She's so... Maintained.

Mai: Yeah

Shigure: If we had a child it definitely wouldn't be as mature as her. It would definitely have my cockiness~

Mai looked at the ground and sighed

Mai: If only i didn't lose my productive ability..

Shigure put his hand on her cheek and caressed it gently.

Shigure: It's okay baby.. Like i always say it isn't your fault. I love you no matter what alright?

Mai: Shigure.. If Dashi would like to stay with us after she recovers, can we adopt her?

Shigure was clearly extremely shocked but honestly, he didn't complain...

Shigure: I'm not gonna lie, I'd love that. Anything that makes you happy my dear wife.

Will Dashi's life take turns for the better?

Don't forget to leave a vote~