4. Serendipity

You will look into the faces of passersby, hoping for something that will for an instant bring me back to you~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dashi had grown liking to the couple, they'd take her to regular checkups to the hospital. Dashi had a lot of things she had to get used to.

Dashi: Mai-san? When will I go to school?

She wrote on a paper and handed it to Mai.

Mai: Ohh I almost forgot about that. What do you think Shigure? I think we should send her to school.

Shigure: I don't mind.

He shrugged

////////////////

Dashi, Mai and Shigure returned home after buying stationeries for Dashi. The little girl was very excited and couldn't stop staring at her stationeries..

Mai and Shigure glanced at Dashi and they both felt happy.

Mai: Looking at her happy makes me happy.

Shigure: Ngl I like that kid too, why don't we adopt her now?

Mai: Yeahh I'm sure she'd like that too~

Dashi came out of her room and gasped looking at the chocolate cake on the kitchen counter. She squealed and sat on a chair looking at Mai and Shigure.

Shigure: That's for you kid, well ofcourse not the whole thing because I love cakes too.

Mai chuckled and looked at Dashi.

Mai: Just a small gift for our adorable Dashi~ You'll be going to school tomorrow~

Shigure handed Dashi a plastic knife and they both say across from her.

Shigure: Before you cut the cake Dashi. We have to talk to you about something, when you go to school tomorrow you might get bullied. Because kids are little demo-

Mai: -He means to say that kids are somewhat different, Dashi. They'd talk about you because you're different in your unique way.

Dashi was confused and stared at them.

Mai: Look, kids would talk about your muteness because they're not used to it yet. They'll use harsh words sometimes but don't let them get to you alright?

Dashi smiled and nodded. The 3 of them enjoyed the whole night and this is probably the most happiest moment Dashi had lived yet. She still didn't remember anything and never spoke but was truly safe and happy with her adoptive parents.

Will things stay like this?

Don't forget to leave a vote~