5. Odd One Out

You may as well take my heart, dear

You may as well take my heart, dear. It's already full of you!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mai and Shigure dropped Dashi to school. She went inside and sat in one of the free seats, she felt weird because no one noticed her...
The teacher called Dashi over and introduced her to the class.

Teacher: Class, this is Hitto Dashi and she will be joining our class from today.

The class was confused as to why she wasn't speaking. One of the students spoke up.

Student: Miss _____ why isn't she speaking?

Teacher: She's temporarily mute, dear.

Dashi smiled and nodded.

Student: Another freak? Geez gimme a break!

Everyone started laughing. Dashi was so humiliated she wanted to cry.

Teacher: Quiet.

Everyone stopped laughing and Dashi sat back on her seat. She tried her best not to burst into tears and humiliate herself more, she decided not to talk to anyone and just keep it to herself.

////////////////

Dashi was sitting in the cafeteria eating her lunch when some mean girls surrounded her.

Girl 1: Hey mutie, are you faking it for attention?

Girl 2: So not cool.

Girl 3: Noo she did not...

Girl 4: Don't talk to her guys, her muteness might rub off on you.

One of them was irritated and dumped her orange juice on Dashi's head.

Girl 1: Just speak... It's not that hard or are you gonna say? I am Dashi and I am a m-m-mutie

She grinned and mocked her.

Everyone started laughing again and the mena girls flipped their hair walking away. Dashi was at her lowest and couldn't take it anymore, she ran into the bathroom crying silently to herself. I'm a freak!

Dashi thought that everything that was happening to her was because of her muteness. She was even frustrated because she couldn't remember anything and couldn't even speak. She felt truly hopeless and pointless. She decided she'd just study and make her parents proud.

The day went horrible. She'd get bullied and bullied because she couldn't even stand up for herself.

//////////////

Dashi faked a smile and went home. Mai and Shigure were surprised to see Dashi happy.

Mai: Dear you're back!~

Shigure: How was school kid?

It was amazing. I'm excited for tomorrow.

She wrote on a paper and handed it to them

Mai: That's good to hear! Would you like to take the bus or would like to drop you off everyday?

The bus would be okay.

Shigure: Oh thank God! I won't have to waste my petr-

Mai: -anything you're comfortable with Dashi~

With Shigure and Mai, Dashi truly felt like home.

/////////////

Dashi was laying on bed and thought. I don't want to go back to school tomorrow... Everyone there is so mean... But I want to make my parents happy..

Dashi pushed aside all the thoughts and decided she'd go to school daily, study and make her parents proud of her

Will the little girl be okay?

Don't forget to leave a vote~