Chapter 10: Elevator

"I'm going to take the stairs." Chloe announced to Beca, who was standing at her side as they stepped up to the elevators steel doors.

"Chlo' the Bella's are all staying on the fifteenth floor, taking the stairs would be just plain sadistic." Becainformed her, quirking an eyebrow at the red head. "Not to mention the fact we've to take these cases too."

"Well I'd let you take my case up in the lift and I'd just, you know... jog." Chloe argued.

"This from the girl that's claims to be allergic to all forms of exercise other than wii tennis?" Beca snorted. "I didn't know you were afraid of elevators?" She added then, hearing the machine rattle towards them.

"I'm not... I just... you know there's six elevator related deaths every year, and over ten thousand injuries that require hospitalization." Chloe spewed off, physically flinching when she heard the doors ding open.

"Come on." Beca laughed, grabbing her girlfriend by the arm and pulling her in along into the glass walled lift before she had time to argue. "Face fear head on and all that."

"Whoever said that was an idiot." Chloe mumbled, her eyes squeezed shut as the doors closed and Beca hit the button for the fifteenth floor.

"I promise you'll be fine." Beca soothed, taking the other woman's hand and holding it tight as the steel box jolted to life and Chloe let out a squeak of terror.

The elevator ran smooth for the most part, dinging every time it passed a floor until Chloe was finally able to pry her eyes open just enough to notice that they'd just passed floor ten. They were nearly there.

Of course it was too good to be true however, and before the red head had any time to comprehend what was happening the smooth running spokes in the steel box seemed to shudder to a halt, the lift creaking menacingly as it stopped.

"Holy shit." Chloe dead panned, eyes going wide as the death grip on her girlfriends hand tightened, causing Beca to flinch.

"It's okay. It's cool." Beca nodded, turning to face the other woman. "They've machines to tell them when this kind of thing happens, an engineer's gonna be here in like ten minutes tops." She promised, running a soothing hand up and down Chloe's arm.

"I can't last that long." The red head confessed; eyes shut tight again as her breathing became laboured.

"Okay, Chloe, Chloe look at me." Beca prompted softly, stepping right up beside the red head and waiting until her eyelids fluttered open just enough for the blue orbs beneath them to become visible. "We. Will. Be. Fine." She emphasised, nodding along with each word and stopping at the end to press a kiss against the red heads lips.

The kiss was meant to be for reassurance only, but Chloe leaned into it, her breathing slowing as she moved her lips in time to Beca's, running her tongue along the DJ's teeth as Beca snaked her arms around Chloe's waist.

"You..." Beca smirked, breaking the kiss ever so slightly. "Are meant to be focusing on breathing." She berated, never the less taking control of the situation by pulling Chloe back against one of the mirrored walls and continuing to kiss her, their hands roaming across one another's bodies.

Their tops were discarded quickly as their eager hands demanded, Chloe's nails digging tracks in Beca's porcelain skin from her shoulders, right down to where the dip of her ass met her jeans while Beca's slid under the red heads bra, kneading at her breasts, feeling the nipples stiffen beneath her touch.

"Turn around." Beca demanded breathily, her mouth moving to cup Chloe's ear as she spoke. "Now." She added, pushing Chloe herself when the red head didn't comply right away.