Mingi

Mingi shivered slightly as the cold night came upon him. He shifts into his flame like wolf with his bright ginger fur.

He moves closer to Seonghwa. His fluffy cloud wolf slept peacefully under the stars. Mingi looks up at all the stars. More had joined them today. He always thought of them as fallen wolves who have found their peace after death.

Mingi came from the less known packs. Well they were less known until recently. The royals had visited. But they had many, many wolves behind them. He bought an army.

Many wolves whimpered. He demanded we pay him money. We had none.

Screams would always run through his head as his pack got extinct. He ran because his life depended on it.

He heard many wails and screams of adults and children, babies as well. No one was left.

Except for him.

Mingi travelled for many days. He hunted, ate and kept moving, looking for a family that he could call his own again. Those bloody royals get away with murder and no one cares. He will continue his pack's name as the only one remaining.

He met Seonghwa a month after and the two have traveled together since. Both hating the royals.

Mingi places his head down, his eyes stared at the stars as all of his pack were up there, all were warriors who fought as well as they could.

Mum.

Dad.

Head alpha.

Have you made it there? Are you safe? Have you met your ancestors?

Mingi's mind flooded with questions. Ones that would never be answered. He would have them answered when he makes it to them.

He shut his eyes. All of the nightmares came upon him. He heard screams, wails and cries as all he could do was watch as they got taken away from him. They started to fade and he stood in an endless void and he said these words.

"The pack of flames will continue on!" Mingi whispered. "I promise, I promise, I promise..."