12

It had been a week since Seonghwa and Mingi left Stray kids (That's what they called themselves, since they were the first strays after all) and they were near Sun. Mingi and Seonghwa were in their human forms, side by side, chatting about their next steps.

"Sun may be the best place to stay tonight," said Seongwha to Mingi as they walked.

"It may be dangerous though," Mingi growled under his breath, Seonghwa turned to him and huffed.

"You always say that Gi," said Seonghwa as they continued walking. He knew he had to convince Mingi to stay in Sun. He would like a warm bed and food for the night as it felt like centuries ago since they had some food.

They approached the large looming walls as wolves surrounded the outside. Mingi grabbed Seonghwa and flung him behind him. Where were they? Had they got lost? Seongwha's eyes went a pale blue as he panicked.

Don't panic, or else you give your scent away! Mingi spoke softly through the link. "I'll keep us safe, promise!

Seonghwa began to take some deep breaths, attempting to calm down. After a few minutes he felt a little bit calmer. He turned to Mingi who had tapped him on the shoulder, and the two knelt down into the bushes.

"We are by Shadow," whispered Mingi. "We must have taken a wrong turn earlier when on the path," he looked around.

"We need to escape," hissed Seonghwa as he made Mingi look at him. "Or we become wolf food, which I don't want to become!"

"Shh, shh," Mingi pulled him into a hug. "I won't let those shady bastards kill us!" He begins to look around, his eyes going red. "Shift!"

Seonghwa went into submission and shifted, Mingi eyes were red. "Wait!" as he heads to the new bushes further back from the walls.

"Who's there?" a voice growled. "Show yourself, before you face the wrath of Shadow!"

Don't whimper, Mingi tried to calm him. Don't move either, you would give us away!

Seongwha submitted to Mingi and obeyed, however, the footsteps got closer and closer.

"I said show yourself!" growled the voice.

He was close, Seonghwa could feel the scent of pine get closer. He looked around for Mingi. He was nowhere to be seen!

MINGI? Seonghwa looked around in panic. MINGI HELP ME!

The footsteps were behind him. He slammed his eyes shut, preparing to be mauled to death by the wolf behind him for accidently stepping into the territory.

"HEY!" another voice shouted who was quite far away. "I heard a noise around south!"

He suddenly opened his eyes as he heard the footsteps rush further away, he still saw no sign of Mingi.

RUN NOW! And Seonghwa had no hesitation when he heard the familiar voice of his friend as he dashed towards the exit of Shadows border.

As he got closer to the border, he saw the familiar flame ahead of him. He howled as the two exited Shadow territory and onto the main path.

They ran until they reached the path that made it to Sun. Once they reach the path the two unshifted and Seonghwa burst into tears, falling onto Mingi chest.

"I-I-I-I t-thought y-y-you were d-d-dead!" Seonghwa wailed.

"You should know by now that you are not getting rid of me that easily," Mingi chuckled. "I was able to sneak to the south border and threw a rock at some birds, it caught their attention and that's why they left you alone," Mingi placed his hand onto his head. "I heard you that whole time, I did not respond until I knew I had their attention," Mingi pulled him in tighter.

"I-I hate you," Seonghwa calmed down and nuzzled into his chest, taking in the familiar scent of burnt wood from his friend.

They stayed there for a while before the two got up. The sun was going to set soon and they needed a place to stay.

"We can go to Sun by that way," said Mingi as he takes Seonghwa's hand and squeezes it, "You earned a good night's rest, particularly since I scared the living shit out of you all day, but one wrong move from them and we leave!"

Seonghwa nodded and the two made their way along the path, in silence, as they took in all of the noises of birds tweeting, the bees buzzing and the scents of the flowers, something Seonghwa liked.

They met a few wolves along the way and stopped to talk to them. Some of them asked why Seonghwa was crying and they had to explain it to quite a few wolves. They were understanding.

"I really liked the female omega," said Mingi. "She is a sweet soul, what did she say her name was again?"

"Minnie," answered Seonghwa as they got closer to Sun. "And her mate, Miyeon, was just as nice as well!"

"Excuse me!" a voice shouted from behind them. The two stop and turn around to see a man come towards them, his hair was a jet black colour while his eyes were two bright green emeralds.

"Sorry to bother you, but I need to ask you two something," the man painted and took out a photo from his pocket and handed it to the two. "This man, have you seen him?"

The two take a look at the photo with a man, his hair was a chocolate brown colour and his eyes were a soft brown as well. His smile was soft and gave Seonghwa a little bit of warmth. Seonghwa studied the picture for ages. This dude was so fine, sexy and hot

"We have not seen him," said Mingi to the man. "May I ask, why are you so badly looking for him?"

"He's a bad person," said the man as Seonghwa handed the photo back to him. "He had killed his parents and escaped the jail back at home," he looked to the ground. "He was my best friend," he looked at the photo and took a deep breath, making the photo crushed up in the process. "But I would have never expected him to do this to his parents! I could never forgive him for that!"

"I'm so sorry," said Seonghwa. "I understand the betrayal you have, I always will, if we see him, what should we do?"

"You have two options," said the man. "You can kill him or if you don't like to kill, bring him back to our pack, Shadow!"

Mingi turned to Seonghwa, his eyes flashed red a little before he turned back to the man. He smiled softly and handed them the photo.

"Keep this, it means when you see him, you can let us know," the man gave it to Seonghwa.

"Thanks," said Seonghwa as he put it away, smiling to himself as he now had this hot, sexy criminal to look at.

"But Shadow will kill us if we step into the border, what should we say?" asked Mingi, who was confused.

"Oh," said the man. "Forgot about that a little, well say that i sent you, name Maddox, just say I sent you!"

The two nod and both say their final goodbyes to Maddox before making their way closer to Sun.

"Something is off," said Mingi. "I feel like he may have been manipulated, but at the same time, the man could have killed his parents as well, so just keep our eyes peeled!"

Seonghwa nods as they reach the entrance to Sun, the only thing he could think about was the photo of the criminal he was now in love with.

AN: IM BACK (Kanda)

Sorry  I know I said I'd be back in March but I got caught up in stuff. But once summer comes I should be finished with it.

Small bit of self promotion but the start of San's novella is out as well which I hope to update next week, feel free if you want to as it gives the backstory on San and Taeyongs characters and why they act the way they were.

Anyways, have a good day, byeeeee