Adopting Ophelia

"Excuse me for one moment will you?" Taylor got up from the table and left to go to the other room.

Everyone was confused but didn't think to much of it until Taylor returned with something wrapped up.

You got out your phone and started recording because you knew this would be something you wanted to keep and remember forever.

"Ophelia, I met your mum when you was only 1 and me and you officially met when you was 2. you have grown so much and you are now 8. You was the cutest little toddler I had ever met and from day one I always treated you like my own. I knew I didn't have to step up to take on the role of being a second parent but I did because I love you and in my heart, although I may not be your mum, you will always be my daughter.." Taylor paused as her eyes teared up. It was an emotional speech that had more to it.

"I loved your mommy way before you was born, before you were even in her stomach and once you were, I loved her even more because my heart told me that I would love you too, and that's true. I do love you and I always will... So for Christmas I wanted to give you a very special gift that would change mine.. Yours and your mommy's life forever, and not only that, it would make us both so happy" Taylor handed Ophelia the thing she held and nodded at her to open it before she continued the speech in tears.

"You will always be second winner of my heart, because of course your mommy will always be number one" Taylor smiled at me and everyone chuckled at that.

"So for Christmas I wanted to ask you, Will you agree to making this little family of ours official?" And as soon as she asked that, Ophelia opened, what was adoption papers.

I had tears in my eyes and as soon as Ophelia realised what was happening so did she.

She instantly ran to Taylor and hugged her tightly and in response, Taylor picked her up and held her in her arms.

"Can I adopt you?" Taylor whispered softly to her and Ophelia nodded eagarly.

Your heart swell up with love and you couldn't help but join them in their little hug.

You have Taylor a kiss and kissed your daughter on her forehead as Scott and Andrea clapped.

They both then also join in the hug. Before we all parted but Ophelia remained in her arms.

"And not only you, but Quince as well"

I was surprised by that one as we was told the papers weren't going to be ready until he was 1 years old which was 10 months away.

"Wait what?" You looked at her in shock.

"I wanted to surprise you, Baby. They had to make sure I was fit enough to adopt him obviously but there was no age to when I was aloud" she smiled as she also picked up Quince and kissed his little forehead.

"So it's official?" You asked.

"It's official" she smiled even wider as you screamed from excitement.