1. Wedding arrangements

I lay there, feeling nothing as his body rhythmically moved up and down

I lay there, feeling nothing as his body rhythmically moved up and down. He was so lost in the moment that he didn't notice the lack of enthusiasm from me. I knew I should feel something any emotion, but I felt nothing.

Gradually, the man above me increased his movements, and his groans echoed throughout the room.

He kept getting closer to his climax with each thrust and started to lose control, but I just lay there, my emotions locked away, allowing him to take what he wanted.

I knew that the sooner it was over, the sooner I would be out of that room and away from him.

Finally, he collapsed on top of me, his breathing heavy. His satisfaction was evident, but I felt none. It was over. I pushed him off my body and got up from the bed. His eyes steadily watched my movement, confusion shining in them. He seemed to want to prolong the encounter.

"Where are you going, the night just begun. You didn't even get to tell me how you felt" he said as I began to get dressed. I looked away from him and glared into the mirror.

"You want to know how I felt? Wasn't it obvious through my body language?" I raised a brow. "You didn't enjoy it" I smirked, and slipped on my shirt.
He sighed as I threw on my shoes and grabbed my belongings.

Without a word, I waved at him with a tight lip smile and left. Adrenaline surged through my body as I exited the hotel and walked into the night.

As I left, the only thought that came to my head was the need to go back to the mansion as soon as I could. I had to get back before it was too late, and my father finds out about my disappearance.

The night was dark and silent, as only a night could be. Everyone had gone to bed, nothing left stirring. I silently walked up the grand stairs stairs to prevent making a noise and dragging the attention of my father.

Finally at my bedroom, I closed the door behind me as softly as I could. A relieved breath escaped my lips as i kicked off my heels and flicked on the lights, flooding the room with brightness.

A high-pitched squeak almost escaped my lips, but i quickly stifled it, my gaze darting to the uninvited guest on my bed.

"What are you doing in my room?" My voice rose with disbelief as i kicked my heels to a corner. Astra, my stepsister, sat serenely and uninvited with a Bible in hand.

"Where were you? And why are you so late, dressed like that?" Her concern was evident in her soft voice, but it didn't tear my mind off the fact that she came into my room without my permission. I rolled my eyes and began undressing.

"I've told you countless times to mind your own business," i muttered, my irritation palpable.

"Isa, you know..." she began before i interrupted with a wave of my hand.

"Astra, this isn't the time. I just want to rest," I insisted, grabbing a towel from my wardrobe and heading to the bathroom.

"I won't force you, Isa, but remember the Lord is waiting for your return. He loves you and will welcome you with open arms," she reminded me gently, an earnest plea in her voice.