13. So which one of your wives will be going, father?

"I'm sorry, Mr

"I'm sorry, Mr. Delfavero, it's unfortunate that we can't do anything to help your wife," the doctor said in a sympathetic tone. My heart dropped at her words. I knew what was coming and I couldn't bear to hear it.

"What the fuck do you mean?" Pablo's voice echoed through the room, his anger rising.

The doctor gave him a stern look, reminding him that they were in a hospital. She then turned to me, her gaze full of sorrow.

"Ms. Rivelli here was diagnosed with a tumor in her bladder. It's unfortunate that this was diagnosed late, and we can't do anything about it. Not even a chemotherapy treatment can help cure this." She paused for a moment, allowing her words to sink in our minds.

My heart was pounding in my chest, my mind racing with thoughts and questions. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was sick all this time and I didn't even know? But I never experienced any symptoms...or so I thought.

"I'm sorry but why haven't I experienced any symptoms?" I asked, my voice trembling as tears started to form in my eyes.

The doctor looked at me sadly and shook her head.

"Sometimes tumors can grow without any noticeable symptoms until it's too late. It's unfortunate, but this is the reality of your situation."

Tears began to flow down my cheeks as the weight of the news hit me. My whole world was suddenly crashing down around me.

Thick tears rolled down my cheeks as the doctor explained the details to me.

But how could I listen when all I could think about was the fact that my fake medical reports were actually a reality. I had been living my life thinking I was healthy, when in reality, I was slowly deteriorating from an unknown illness. Panic set in as my mind raced, trying to process this new information.

I silently cursed and berated myself for being so naive.

'So this is how my life would come to an end?' I thought to myself, unconsciously looking up at the ceiling. I shook my head with a bitter smile, as if mocking the cruel irony of it all. For a moment, I wanted to believe that God existed, that there was some kind of higher power looking out for me. But in that moment, as I sat in the doctor's office and felt the weight of my diagnosis, I couldn't help but feel betrayed. If God truly existed, how could he let this happen to me? All those years of praying and believing had meant nothing.

The doctor continued to explain that I would be placed on medication to prolong my time, but there was no guarantee of how much time I had left. I would have to come in for regular checkups and follow a strict lifestyle, including no sexual activity, if I wanted to live longer.

Pablo's anger evaporated into disbelief

"Doctor, this is bullshit!" He exclaimed, his voice full of anger and disbelief. "I don't believe in this. I'll get this done in another hospital. This report is unreal, and I won't hesitate to slit your throat if I find out you made this up."