11. Beautiful art

"Issa?" Ethan's worried voice brought me back to the present and I looked up at him the glanced around our surroundings, and realized we had arrived

"I'm sorry," I whispered, my voice shaking with emotion. Ethan's gentle gaze softened, and he reached up to cup my cheeks.

"I'm not mad at you," he said, his thumb wiping away the tears that were falling. "I'm just concerned for your well-being. You're used to making rash decisions when you aren't in your senses and I don't want you to make a decision that'll endanger your life and future."

I sighed, knowing he was right.

"Don't worry, alright," he continued, his voice soft but assuring. "I'll always be here for you. I'll be here to help you go through everything, you just have to make up your mind to be willing to let go."

I couldn't hold back my tears or stop them from pouring so I let them fall freely. Ethan pulled me into a warm embrace, his strong arms offering me comfort and safety. I clung onto him, grateful for the support and love he was offering me.

"Thank you, Ethan," I whispered, my voice shaky.

He nodded with a small smile on his lips. "Anytime, Issa."

He gently kissed my forehead before helping me out of the car. I took a deep breath as I stepped out, my eyes taking in the grand mansion in front of me.

It was still early in the morning when I arrived at the house. The sun had barely risen and the whole neighborhood was still shrouded in a gentle quietness. But as I stepped into my house, the eerie stillness felt suffocating.

I silently hoped and prayed that Pablo wasn't home as i quietly went up to my room.

I let out a breath of relief when I reached my room to find it how I left it last night. I hurriedly got out of my dress and heels, dumping them on the bed.

I grabbed a clean towel and went into the bathroom. The familiar smell of lavender welcomed me as I closed the bathroom door behind me.

The steam from the shower was inviting, and I couldn't resist the urge to escape into it. I brushed my teeth and stepped into the shower, the hot water hitting my skin in soothing waves. The steam wore off my fatigued muscles and eased the tension in my body.

I stayed under the shower for a while, allowing my tears to mix with the water. The sound of the shower drowned out my sobs, and the steam comforted me with its warm embrace. I let myself cry, the release of emotions providing a momentary relief from the pain and sadness that consumed me.

When I was finally done, I turned off the shower and stepped out. I felt rejuvenated, like a new person. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, staring into my lifeless eyes. I splashed cold water on my face, as if it'd wash away the pain and sorrow that was etched on my features. I let out a deep sigh, knowing that I couldn't escape this life just yet.