22. I need to find Isadora

⚠️ sensitive topic: sexual harassment in this chapter

As I lay in bed, my thoughts consumed with the beautiful memories of Alvaro and I, a sudden loud crash broke me out of my reverie

As I lay in bed, my thoughts consumed with the beautiful memories of Alvaro and I, a sudden loud crash broke me out of my reverie. Startled, I turned to find my bedroom door being kicked open, revealing a furious Pablo and my own father.

Pablo stood at the doorway with a look of fury on his face. Beside him stood my father, his expression cold and distant. I was confused, wondering why they were both in my room.

Before I could even react or even say a word, Pablo lunged towards me, his hands grabbing at my shirt.

"You've always had a sharp tongue," he growled, his hot breath striking my face. "Today, I'll teach you a lesson. And I don't fucking care about your health condition." he growled, his eyes full of anger.

I felt a knot form in my stomach as my mind raced, wondering what I could have possibly done to anger him. But before I could speak, Pablo grabbed my arm forcefully, pulling me towards him.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I struggled against his grip. I knew what was coming next, and I was terrified.

Ever since I was forced to marry Pablo, I did my best to avoid any kind of physical intimacy with him, I had made up a story about a health condition, hoping to escape his sexual advances but as I watched a fatal reality unfold, it felt like efforts were useless.

Pablo ripped off my dress, his hands rough and demanding. Despite my protests, and my struggles, he didn't let me go. He wanted what he wanted, and he didn't care about anything else.

As I looked into his eyes, I knew that he didn't care about my health. All he wanted was to have his way with me, by any means necessary.

As he forcefully kissed me, I heard my father's laughter from the corner of my room. He sat there, watching everything with a cruel grin on his face. Instead of coming to my rescue, he was enjoying my pain and humiliation.

The anger and hatred I felt towards my father in that moment were overwhelming. I had never loved or respected him, but this was a new low. He had betrayed me in the worst way possible, and there was nothing I could do about it. Instead of protecting me, he sat in the corner, watching and laughing evilly at my expense.

As tears streamed down my face, I felt a sense of hopelessness wash over me.

Luckily, Diego, Alvaro's friend, waltzed in, taking us by surprise and making Pablo freeze in his acts.

"What are you doing?" Diego asked furiously, while I sobbed uncontrollably. My father sneakily and quickly stood up from his spot, trying to escape, but Diego was quick to catch onto his game. He caught him and threw a punch on his face.

As he fought them, I saw my chance to escape. I rushed to the closet, slid on a large gown, and ran out of the mansion.

My heart was beating so fast, as I ran aimlessly, not knowing where to go. But I didn't care, as long as I was away from that hellhole. The only thing that mattered to me was escaping my reality.