6. He'll be your language tutor, i want you to be perfect

I spent the rest of the day with Amanda

I spent the rest of the day with Amanda. I was intrigued by her story and how she survived all the years with an abusive husband and a loveless marriage. How she managed to raise her children with love in a chaotic marriage.

Yet, despite the pain and suffering, her faith in God never wavered.

"God saw me through," she said, her voice calm and serene. "Though sometimes it felt like he wasn't there, he was always there. When my feet were failing, he kept me. That's why I have hope I'd be out of my misery soon."

Her words hit me hard. I couldn't help but think about all the times I had prayed and begged for God's help, yet it never seemed to come. It made me question why he would help some and ignore others. I cursed myself for blindly believing in him all those years.

"I used to do everything the Bible asked of me," I blurted out, my frustration seeping through. "But what did I get in return? Nothing."

Amanda gave me a sympathetic smile. "I know it's hard to understand, but sometimes God has a different plan for us. And his timing is not always the same as ours."

I shook my head in disagreement, still struggling to accept her words.

"That's a lie, I don't believe that anymore. So his plan was for me to die?" I scoffed and shook my head. "If he knew he only brought us into the world to suffer, if he knew he was going to he partial, then why bring us and let us suffer?" I seethed out angrily.

I really don't know why I am still not over an invisible being, or as they say; invisible father. Who abandoned his child, when she was still delicate.

Amanda smiled at me and placed her hand on mine.

"You're feeling that was because deep you know he didn't abandon you, you chose to leave his side and do things on your own, you......

"Please change the topic. I've heard too much about him, I can't no more" I whispered, pain attached to my voice.

She asked me why I got married to Pablo, and I found myself opening up to her about my reasons.

"You're a strong woman, Isadora," Amanda said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "A woman with a determined heart and a resilient spirit. Just like our ancestors who fought for their freedom and rights. You're a heroine, and I admire you for it."

I smiled at her words, feeling a sense of pride in myself for the first time in a long while.