25. Don't leave Tesoro, I need you

As I sped through the dark forest, my blood boiled with rage and fury

I should have been there to protect her, I should have been there to protect my family. My mother and siblings suffered under the hands of my abusive father, and I was too blinded by my own ambitions to notice. If I had been there for them, I would have been able to get rid of my father's tyranny.

But now, there was no time for regrets. As I arrived at the abandoned warehouse where they were being held captive, i got in and saw that they had tortured him already.

"Figlio.... Please don't do this, I..I.. I am your father" he pleaded but I was far beyond human to listen to him.

I grabbed him by the neck and slammed him against the wall. He begged for mercy, but I had none to give. I tortured him in the most brutal ways possible, making sure he regretted everything he did.

But the one I had saved the most gruesome torture for was her father. I had him tied up in a chair, and I took my time to torture him. I made sure he suffered the same way he made isadora, her step mother and little sister suffer.

I showed no mercy, no pity, as I made them pay for their sins. My heart was filled with a mix of anger, sadness, and guilt.

I had failed to protect my own family, but I would never let anyone hurt them again. As I drove away from the warehouse, leaving a trail of destruction and fear behind me, I vowed to never neglect my loved ones again and to always be there for them, no matter the cost.

 As I drove away from the warehouse, leaving a trail of destruction and fear behind me, I vowed to never neglect my loved ones again and to always be there for them, no matter the cost

"Is she okay now?" Upon arriving at the hospital, I inquired about her consciousness. Her grief-stricken mother glanced at me, eyes filled with tears.

"No" I felt my heart sink as she exhaled and uttered the negative response.

"Due to the bullet that stayed in her body for a long period of time, and the wounds inflicted by rusty objects the doctor couldn't give an assuring statement at that moment" Astra explained.

I stepped backward and promptly asked for permission to see the doctor in order to gain entry. Following a lengthy argument and convincing, the irritated doctor eventually granted me access.