~Chapter Twelve~

Raven and Apple approached the skating rink, after renting some pairs of ice skates. There were a lot of other students there, but the skating rink was rather large, so it wouldn't be too crowded.

The couple were tying their skates when they heard a call from a few feet away.

"Hey Raven! Hey Apple!" The voice chirped.

The two turned to see Ashlyn and Briar, also in skates. They seemed to be taking a break from the rink just in time to meet Raven and Apple.

"Hey guys!" Raven said, cheerfully. She hadn't even started skating yet and she was enjoying every second she was spending with Apple. "Are you two also skating?"

"Yeah, but we're still taking a break, it's getting a little crowded," Briar answered.

"Cool!"

Apple wasn't the best in skates, so Raven had to pull her up and lead her to the rink.

Raven held Apple's hands and slowly guided her along the round edge of the ice.

Since nobody used the edge of the rink, Raven gilded backward, holding Apple's hands, to help Apple not fall.

"Are you seeing how they look at each other?" Cupid grumbled.

"I think that first kiss might come sooner than we thought..." Blondie worriedly said.

After a couple of seconds of silence, Cupid sprung up, ran to the edge of the rink, and called Duchess Swan over to her. C.A. Whispered something to Duchess before she smiled and started speeding in the direction of Raven and Apple.

Cupid swiftly returned to Blondie and sat down with a smile.

"What did you tell her?" Blondie whispered

"You'll see" Cupid responded with a grin

Duchess sped towards the couple, roughly bumping into Apple, and skating away.

Apple stumbled forward, instinctively wrapping her arms around Raven's waist, and her head falling onto Raven's collarbone.

Raven let go of Apple's hands, and wrapped her arm around Apple's back, pulling her closer to her.

Apple pulled only her head away, looking at Raven's gorgeous face. Their faces were a mere 2 inches away from each other.

For both of them, it felt like time froze. They started into each other's eyes, as that same pink aura from a few weeks ago returned to outline their eyes.

After what felt like forever, which was actually ten seconds, they both pulled away from each other, their faces being painted a deep pink shade.

"I'm so sorry, Raven! I don't know how I fell like that or-"

"It's fine, Apple," Raven responded, smiling. Apple looked back to Raven, sharing the same smile.

Raven reached her hand out, silently offering to continue skating. Apple placed her hand on Raven's, as they glided off.

"Woooooooow." Blondie sarcastically said, slow clapping.

"So, your big plan was to make them get even closer?"

"No! Of course not! My real plan was to make Apple fall down, so Raven would get mad at her for being clumsy. I didn't expect Raven to catch her!" Cupid angrily responded, defending her actions.

"Well, their eyes did the pink thing again so I don't think Raven was too mad."

"I'll figure something else out" C.A. Said, now rummaging through her bag.

A minute earlier, with Briar and Ashlyn:

"You know, I've never seen Raven and Apple look at each other like that," Briar said suspiciously.

"I don't know," Ashlyn responded with a small smile.

Briar turned to look at Ashlyn, stating "I said I was dropping it, and I am, but, I've never seen Apple look at anyone like that before. Not even daring. She's been so happy the past few weeks too. It just makes me curious, what-"

Briar was interrupted by a short scream, and when she looked, she couldn't believe her eyes.

Apple and Raven were so close...too close. It looked like Apple had fallen on Raven.

Fallen...WHAT?

Briar suddenly connected ALL of the dots. She gasped and covered her mouth.

Ashlyn turned away from the scene on the rink due to Briar's sudden gasp. They both gave each other a look, Ashlyn immediately knew Briar had figured it out.

"THAT'S WHY APPLE HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT HER SO MUCH?" Briar whisper-screamed

Ashlyn nodded and whispered back; "and why she asked about dating a rebel."

"But this could close their book...forever."

"Exactly. that's why you can't tell anyone." Ashlyn told her, cautiously looking around. "So the best thing we can do is keep our mouths shut."

Briar didn't respond and just looked back towards the rink, seeing that Raven and Apple had glided off.

Word count: 759