~Chapter Twenty-Four~

"Take it"

"No"

"Take it"

"No"

"TAKE IT!"

"NO"

Raven had been trying to convince Apple to take medicine for over ten minutes, but she was being way too stubborn to even get near the spoon.

"Apple, please. The last thing I need right now is you being too stubborn to take medicine. It's a literal tablespoon. You can't just sleep your way through your sickness." Raven scolded Apple, sitting on the edge of Apple's bed.

"I can try!" Apple yelled back, having a surprising amount of energy.

Raven rolled her eyes, before hearing a loud knock at the door.

"Thank Grimm," She said, putting the medicine bottle down and running to the door.

Ashlyn and Maddie stood outside of her door. "So what was this sudden emergency?" Ashlyn asked

"I have something to do and need someone to watch Apple," Raven explained, inviting them into her room.

"I am not a child! I'll be perfectly fine all on my own." Apple yelled from her bed, spotting Ashlyn and Maddie walking in.

"Mhm. It'll only be twenty minutes, tops." Raven sat at the edge of Apple's bed once again, trying to reassure her.

"Do you guys know how to get her to take medicine? Cus I don't." Raven said, pointing her thumb to Apple and looking at her friends.

"SHE'S TRYING TO POISON ME!" Apple screamed, pointing at Raven.

"I THOUGHT THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED ME TO DO!?"

Apple made a grumbling noise and shielded herself under the covers, burying her head under them.

"Okay, okay, stop fighting. Me and Maddie will stay here while you're gone." Ashlyn reassured Raven, walking over to her.

"Thank you. You guys are lifesavers!" Raven exclaimed, quickly leaving the room.

She let out an audible sigh as soon as she was out of the room. She agreed to leave more money at the gazebo at this time for the mysterious blackmailers.

She thought as she walked, there had been no more clues since yesterday, and no matter how hard she tried, Headmaster Grimm would not give her the names of the students who lived in that dorm room.

After a while, She finally reached the gazebo, seeing it empty. That was surprising. It was a Saturday afternoon, she kind of expected to see Alistar and Bunny playing chess there. Nevertheless, she left the money under the table, seeing yet another letter.

"You've been doing a good job with your payments, so I'm giving you two weeks to gather up $2000." It read.

"$2000?!" Raven snapped. That was an insane amount of money. She didn't even have a job.

She groaned and slammed her head down on the table "PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!" Raven was on the verge of tears, until...

"Raven Queen?" A voice called. Raven looked up to see...

Alistar? What's he doing here?

"Alistar? Why are you here?"

"I'm on a walk. Why are you here?" He interrogated her, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh...just out for some fresh air. I was surprised you and Bunny weren't here playing chess" she responded, watching him sit down across from her.

"Bunny is sick. I was able to get Lizzie to watch her for a little bit."

Raven chuckled. "I guess that makes two of us."

Alistar gave Raven a confused expression.

"Apple is sick too. don't get me wrong, she's great, but It's like taking care of a child trying to get her to take medicine."

The two laughed, before a moment of silence between them.

Raven smiled at Alistar. "I saw you and Bunny at the True Hearts Day dance. You two are pretty cute."

"Thanks." Alistar slyly grinned at her. "And I saw you with a certain someone."

Raven's mind immediately flew back to the party, to the moment she almost kissed Apple. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Raven defended herself, trying to hide her pink face.

"Oh yeah? so you completely forgot about that certain blonde-haired and blue-eyed girl that you almost kissed? Apple White?" He chuckled, teasing her.

"Fine! But it never actually happened! Me and Apple aren't even official."

"Mhm. Whatever you say." Alistar said.

It was silent for a moment before Alistar noticed a suspicious amount of money under the table

"What's that?" He asked, reaching for the money.

"NOTHING!" Raven barked, stepping on it.

The two exchange a look of shock, Raven processing what she accidentally yelled at him.

"I mean...it's probably someone else's. We should leave it alone."

"Yeahhhhhh...." Alistar replies, eyeing her suspiciously and standing up.

Right before he walked away from the table, he heard;

"Wait! Alistar!" Raven called after him.

He turned around.

"Please don't tell anyone anything." She begged him.

Alistar smiled at her, pointed a finger gun in her direction, and said; "your secret is safe with me."

Raven returned his smile. "Thank you"

He turned around and scurried away in the direction of the school.

Raven sighed, sitting and looking up into the trees for a minute. Spring had sprung in Ever After. She had just been too blind to see it.

After about twenty minutes, she came back to her dorm, praying that something wasn't on fire in there.

To her surprise, it was pretty peaceful. Apple was asleep (again) as Maddie and Ashlyn sat on the floor, sipping tea.

"Hi, Raven!" Maddie loudly exclaimed, before quickly being shushed by Ashlyn.

"Hi, Raven!" Maddie whispered as Ashlyn looked over to the sleeping Apple.

"Thank you guys so much." Raven cheered quietly, smiling at them.

"Of course. She's slept most of the time. Ashlyn chuckled, standing up.

"Not surprising," Raven said.

"We weren't able to get her to drink a drop of that medicine though." Maddie sighed, standing up as well.

"Also not surprising. Thanks for trying at least."

Raven waved the two goodbye, thanking them again.

She sauntered her way over to Apple's bed, noticing Apple waking up. Raven towered over Apple, glancing down at her.

"It's medicine or no cuddles tonight. you know that, right?"

Word count: 1002