~Chapter Sixteen~

It was the last period of the day, a couple of days after Cerise saw Raven and Apple together.

Raven and Cerise sat next to each other in their final class, and Cerise let her curiosity get the best of her.

"Raven?" Cerise asked, looking up from her worksheet.

"Yeah?"

"So, I've noticed you've been spending a lot of time with Apple lately, and I even saw you come back from lunch with her the other day too. What's all this about?"

Raven hadn't really thought about how much time she had been spending with Apple. Maybe she was just enjoying her time with Apple more.

"I... I don't really know."

"Well, do you know when you started hanging out with her more?"

Raven thought about Cerise's question.

"Well, it happened... around two months ago I think. I got hit in the head and Apple helped me, and after that, I think we just got a little closer."

Hit in the head? Cerise thought.

"Do you know what you got hit by?"

"No."

Cerise started to connect the dots. Hit in the head, Raven didn't know what it was, and Apple helped her immediately after. No... it couldn't be...

"Raven I think your f-"

Cerise was about to tell Raven that it was one of Cupid's arrows, before she got cut off by the loud, abrupt bell, alerting them that the school day was over.

"Oh, sorry Cerise, I gotta go. Me and Apple are gonna help C.A. And Briar set up for the True Hearts Day party. See you tomorrow!"  Raven said, grabbing her bag and scurrying out of the classroom.

Raven rushed down the halls and out the doorway, seeing Apple sitting on the steps right outside. Raven ran up to her, smiling "You ready to go?"

"Yup," Apple replied, standing up and smiling at Raven.

The pair quickly rushed to The Tower Hair Salon, and once they were inside, they saw Holly, Poppy, C.A., and Briar were already at work.

Holly welcomed them, and gave them many long pieces of pink paper to start cutting up into banners.

Apple and Raven headed to a corner away from the group, to not disrupt their work.

Cupid was making balloon bouquets, but she was occasionally glancing over to look at Raven and Apple. She realized that, when she wasn't trying to break them up, they were actually pretty cute together. The two were laughing, talking, and smiling at each other.

After a few minutes, Apple heard Raven let out a quiet, angry groan.

"They keep coming out crooked! How open you cut them so perfectly?" She sneered

Apple chuckled at Raven's anger, moving behind her. Apple put her head on Raven's shoulder, grabbing a new piece of paper. She handed it to Raven, also handing her a pencil.

"OK so, first, you draw an outline."

Raven attempted to draw an outline but failed miserably. Her hands shook due to how close Apple was to her.

Apple turned it around, grabbing Raven's hand that was holding the pencil. She guided Raven's hand along the paper, perfectly drawing a heart outline.

"Okay, grab the scissors," Apple said.

Raven fumbled with the scissors from anxiety, but eventually held them up to the paper.

Apple placed her hand on Raven's again directing her while she cut the paper.

After a few seconds of Apple helping Raven cut the paper, they were finally done. Apple opened up the banner to see the heart design, made perfectly.

The two sat there for a moment, Apple very quietly humming on Raven's shoulder, and looking at the hearts they created together. They both wished they could stay in that moment forever.

C.A. Had forgotten about Raven and Apple until she looked in their direction. They were both smiling and WAY too close.

"Apple! Can you come help me with something?" Cupid called out.

"Sure!" Apple said back.

"I'll be right back," she said softly to Raven, smiling at her. Apple ran over to Cupid and started talking to her about the balloon bouquets.

I'll be waiting...

Word count: 682