~Chapter Fourteen~

As winter break was coming to a halt, The students of Ever After High were enjoying their freedom, as they expected the schoolwork to hit them like a carriage after almost a month of not stepping foot in a classroom.

Apple and Raven were approaching their dorm, after another one of their coffee shop "hangouts", when they found a letter taped to their dorm door, with Raven's name written on the envelope.

Raven opened it up, to see a love note, from none other than Dexter Charming. It had a poem written on it, and at the bottom, it read, "Will you go out with me?"

Apple almost cried. Right then and there. She could have just fallen down on the floor and sobbed.

Raven observed the letter for a moment before looking at Apple. She saw Apple's face turn red and her eyes staring at the letter

"Are you ok Apple?" Raven asked, concerned as to why Apple looked like she was about to lose it.

"I'm just really happy for you, Raven." She said, "So are you gonna go out with him?"

"Honestly... I don't think so." Raven replied. "He's a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but I just don't like him anymore."

Apple shot her head towards Raven, surprised by her answer. "Really?"

"Really.

That night was the night before the student's first day back, so Apple decided to go to sleep early. When Apple was getting ready to go to sleep, she started questioning herself.

I've always wanted to follow my mom's path, but now, I'm not sure. The aspect of a stranger waking me up and marrying me used to be sort of appealing, but now... I don't know. I want a choice, but... what would my mother say? What would she do?

"Apple? You look worried. Everything alright?" Raven inquired.

"I'm totally fine. Just stressed about being back tomorrow." Apple answered, climbing into her bed.

Raven chuckled. "That's reasonable"

Apple smiled at her, reaching for her lamp.

"Goodnight Raven."

"Goodnight"

All of a sudden, Apple was standing in front of her Mother's throne, her mother slowly got up and walked towards her.

"Apple, I trusted you"

"Mother..."

"You WILL follow the story. You will not rewrite your destiny, and you will ABSOLUTELY NOT fall in love with Raven Queen."

Apple was not able to respond, as her mother cornered her, towering over Apple.

Raven was continuously getting distracted from her book, by the tossing and turning coming from Apple's bed.

Raven got up to see what was happening, and she discovered Apple was nearly rolling around in her bed, with a terrified look on her face.

Raven repeatedly shook Apple, trying to get her to wake up.

After about 10 seconds of Raven's attempts, Apple finally woke up, with a loud gasp.

Apple looked around the room, tears forming in her eyes. She looked at Raven, both of them exchanging a terrified expression.

Apple looked down, trying not to cry in front of Raven.

"I'm so sorry, Raven...I'm fine." She quietly stuttered.

"No, Apple. You're shaking. You aren't 'fine'" Raven said, pulling Apple into her arms. "What happened?"

"My mom...She wants me to be perfect, to be just like her, but I'm...I'm reconsidering what I want to do.... What if she hates me?" Apple said, crying into the crook of Raven's neck. She wrapped her arms around Raven, accepting the embrace.

Raven was slightly taken aback by this, Apple was HUGE on everyone following their destinies. What (or who) would have caused her to question her happily ever after?

"Apple, you have a choice. And you don't need your mother to respect that choice. You have so many other people in your life who would be happy for you if you did change your mind."

Apple pulled her head away, looking at Raven, tears continuing to stream down her face.

"Thank you, Raven"

Apple smiled at Raven, knowing what she said was true.

Apple nuzzled her head on Raven's collarbone, feeling safe in her arms.

They held each other close, their room peacefully being filled with silence.

They closed their eyes, falling asleep, neither of them wanting anything more.

Word count: 716

A/N: Thanks so much for over 100 reads! I really appreciate your support ❤️