~Chapter Thirty~

"Do you think she's okay?" Raven anxiously asked, biting another one of her fingernails and bouncing her leg as she sat. Most of the students were huddled around a campfire, most being everyone except Cerise, Apple, Blondie, and Cupid. Maddie had come back only a few minutes after she went into the woods, thinking Apple had already returned as well.

Ashlyn and Briar didn't want to admit it, but Cerise had been looking for Apple for two hours. It was cold and dark now, the full, white moon was hanging over the woods.

"Raven, I hate to say it but, It's been two hours. If Cerise hasn't found her by now then..."

Ashlyn trailed off, not wanting to actually say it. Raven's eyes widened, realizing the intensity of the situation.

"No...she couldn't be...right?"

Briar and Ashlyn exchanged a knowing look.

Raven kept trying to comfort herself, just looking back to the center of the circle that the students were in, and watching the campfire crackle. Because of how many students were around them, it was fairly loud. The noise just messed with her brain even more, intensifying her anxiety.

Maddie put a comforting hand on Raven's shoulder, trying to calm her down. Raven glanced over to Maddie and briefly smiled at her, before turning away again and looking into the woods with a sigh.

"Do you think she's okay?" Raven asked again, her eyes shifting around the dark trees that decorated the woods.

"I'm sure she is just fine," Maddie responded in her usual cheerful tone.

Raven looked back over to Maddie and spotted Maddie worriedly looking up.

"She's in danger?!" Maddie loudly blurted out, before covering her mouth.

"SHE'S WHAT!?"

"I mean...she's completely fine. Right narrators?" Maddie breathed a nervous smile on her face.

Raven stared at Maddie, her mouth open and her eyes flaring with fear. "Maddie...What did you just hear?"

Maddie froze, searching her mind for an excuse. "Nothing?"

Raven continued observing Maddie, tears beginning to emerge in her eyes.

"What I meant to say was...she is hexcellent and 100% not in danger," Maddie reassured Raven, very obviously lying.

Before Raven could respond, a voice came from the woods, slowly approaching the fire.

"RAVEN!"

Raven sprung up and turned, spotting that familiar red hood as it darted toward her.

"Cerise!" Raven darted towards Cerise, a hopeful look in her eyes.

"Did you find her?" Raven frantically exclaimed, desperate for any sort of positive answer.

Cerise suddenly got an anxious look, as her eyes shifted away from Raven.

"Not exactly..." Cerise took a shiny object out of her pocket before placing it gently into Raven's palm. Raven's eyes widened when she realized that the item was Apple's signature bow ring. It was still golden and shimmering while it lay in Raven's hand.

"Where did you find it?"

"In the woods?" Cerise answered, raising an eyebrow. Where else would she have found it?

"No, show me where."

Cerise suddenly realized what her friend meant by 'where?' And she quickly grabbed Raven's wrist as they shot off into the woods.

Raven kept a firm grip on Apple's ring while they flew through the trees, before coming to an abrupt stop in the middle of the woods.

"Right here...I think." Cerise stated, looking around.

The woods were pitch black, the sky being cloaked with a cape of darkness, and only specs of stars and a large, white moon providing light.

"I can't see anything..." Raven said, squinting. She pulled out her mirrorphone and turned on the flashlight, illuminating the woods around them.

Everything around them was drenched in bright light from Raven's mirrorphone, allowing the two to see everything around them

"Did you actually find her?" Raven inquired, continuing to flash the light around the trees.

"No. I think she might have gotten attacked or something..."

"Well, that makes me feel better."

After a few more seconds of Raven waving her mirrorphone around, Cerise spotted a small, shining reflection coming from behind a congregation of trees.

"Wait!"-Raven stopped her hand at that same spot-"what's that?"

Raven saw the mysterious shine as well and began to approach it.

Once the pair got close enough, they finally saw what it was

"APPLE!?" Raven yelled, throwing her mirrorphone to Cerise.

"Is she alive?! Is she breathing?!" Raven knelt next to Apple, getting whipped up into a frenzy of panic. Her breath quickened and she spoke loudly and rapidly.

She grabbed Apple's hand, but immediately dropped it. Apple's hand was frigid, along with the rest of her body.

Tears started to form in Raven's eyes, as she held an ear to Apple's chest. Her breathing was unsteady, and her heartbeat was incredibly slow.

"Apple! WAKE UP!" Raven called out for Apple, her panic intensifying.

She vigorously shook Apple by her shoulders, yearning for any sort of reaction.

After a while more of Raven's desperate attempts, Apple's eyes began slowly opening to a slit. She could barely see anything.

Raven felt a wave of relief wash over her body when she saw Apple opening her eyes. A smile crossed her face and tears ran down her cheeks.

"Raven...?" Apple asked, only being able to see a blur of color.

"Yes. It's me and Cerise." Raven reassured her.

Cerise was still holding Raven's mirrorphone when she approached Apple as well.

Raven inspected Apple's face, placing her hands on Apple's cheeks and looking all around her head for any kind of wound.

"It's a miracle we found you..."

Cerise gently picked up one of Apple's hands.

"It must have been her rings that made the glare."

"No matter what it was, she needs to get back to the camp." Raven gazed into Apple's narrow eyes, seeing how exhausted she was.

Before Apple could even begin to compose a reaction, Raven had swiftly picked her up. Her arms were under Apple's back and knees. Cerise glanced over at her in surprise, as Apple shared the same look.

"Don't ask," Raven said, effortlessly supporting Apple's body weight as if she were a feather.

"I'm gonna vomit..."

"Please don't."

A/N: I probably rewrote(🥁) this chapter ten times because I didn't know what to do for it, so this is the best idea I came up with. Don't slander me if it sucks.

Word count: 1052