~Chapter Twenty-Seven~

A/N: woohoo! Updates two days in a row! 🥳

"Apple...I appreciate the cuddles...but I can't breathe."

"And I can't feel my face."

Their first night there was freezing cold, and unsurprisingly, Apple had an incredibly tight grip on Raven.

Raven put a hand on the back of Apple's head, stroking her hair "Please?"

Apple rolled her eyes, loosening her grip. "Fine."

"Thank you"

"These sleeping bags are tiny though"

"Sleep in your own, then"

"I told you, I found a spider in it"

"A spider that I killed," Raven argued with her, trying to stay quiet.

Raven slyly grinned at Apple, turning over to face her. "How do you know there aren't spiders in mine?"

Apple looked unamused, not knowing if Raven was joking or not. "Thank you, Raven. I really needed that right now." She sarcastically replied.

Raven laughed quietly. "I'm only joking."

Apple groaned quietly. "I would kill to be in my bed right now." She picked up her mirrorphone, nearly dropping it from how cold it was.

"Ugh. It's already 3 am. We've barely slept. And they're making us get up at six every morning too."

Keeping one hand on the back of Apple's head, Raven placed another one onto her back, pulling their bodies even closer together.

"It's gonna be okay."

"I am not going to survive a week like this, Raven," Apple mumbled, tightening her grip on her once again.

"You'll be fine. I promise. You might actually have some fun" Raven smiled down at Apple, carefully holding her head.

"Maybe..." Apple sighed, closing her eyes again.

Raven watched her for a moment, softly smiling. She looked up and through the very thin tent wall saw a mysterious silhouette. And were they holding...a mirrorphone?

The realization of who it was instantly hit Raven, as she swiftly sprung to her feet and ran out of the tent.

"YOU ASSHOLE-..." no one was there. Anymore. She looked around, seeing if there was anyone there, but no.

The cold air suddenly hit her, sending shivers down her spine as Apple walked out of the tent.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

Raven just stared blankly at the field of tents, processing what just happened.

Apple raised an eyebrow, putting her fingers up and snapping in front of Raven's face. "Hello? Ever After to Raven?"

Raven snapped out of her daze, looking back to Apple. "Sorry-what?"

"Why did you suddenly run out of the tent?"

"Oh...uhm..." Raven panicked for a moment, trying to think of an excuse."I thought I saw an animal. Silly me." She nervously laughed, forcing a smile.

Apple gave her a concerned glance, not buying a single word. "Raven, stuff like this has been happening a lot. Are you sure everything is okay?"

Raven almost wanted to tell Apple about the entire mysterious blackmail situation, but she quickly thought against it.

"I promised you, I would never hide anything."

Apple smiled at Raven, barely being able to see her with how dark the woods were.

"I believe you."

The two shared a moment of silence in the darkness, serenity practically floating around them as the dim moonlight surrounded them, allowing the pair to get a brief glimpse into each other's eyes.

After what felt like forever after, the girls finally broke apart. Apple quietly chuckled, "It's freezing out here, we should probably get back inside the tent."

Raven finally realized that both of them had been standing in below-freezing temperatures, in their pajamas, in the middle of the night. She laughed with Apple as they crawled back into the tent.

The pair lay back down, holding each other tighter before. It felt as if without either of them saying a word, they knew that the bond between them had grown stronger with the past few moments they shared.

The two only slept a few hours that night, as Baba Yaga very abruptly woke everyone up at sunrise.

Raven jolted awake at Baba Yaga's incredibly loud whistle.

She looked down, spotting Apple still dead asleep, and continuing to cling onto Raven's waist.

"Geez she sleeps like a baby." Raven chuckled, nudging Apple awake.

Apple awoke with a groan, harshly rubbing her eyes.

"If you wake up like that I would like to see your prince charming's reaction when he wakes you up"

Maybe you will... Apple thought, smiling to herself.

Apple sat up next to Raven, mumbling something incoherent to herself.

She wrapped her arms around Raven's neck, leaning on her shoulder.

Raven snickered. "Well, this is a rare sight. I never thought I would see you being this clingy."

"Shut up. I'm tired."

"So am I."

"Then lay down again," Apple said in a teasing voice.

"Well, we have to eat something."

"You and I know good and well the only thing that they're gonna be feeding us is stale bread."

Raven smiled and rolled her eyes at Apple's remark, refusing to admit she was right.

Raven held Apple for a moment, they both grinned and sat in silence

After a while they (reluctantly) let each other go. Apple stood up and began putting her shoes on, preparing to go outside.

"I'll see you out there." She said, smiling and leaving the tent.

All the students were gathered around a few canopies in the distance. Everyone looked a mess, as they didn't have the time or energy to even change clothes before leaving their tents.

Apple caught sight of Ashlyn and Cerise, who were sitting with paper cups on a log. She approached them, before getting a "woah" from Cerise.

"You look like you didn't get a wink of sleep last night."

Cerise laughed, as Apple gave her a dour glare.

"It's kind of hard to sleep when you feel like you're laying in a freezer." She sternly replied.

"I bet having Raven as a pillow sure does help though," Ashlyn whispered to Cerise.

"Shut up" Apple rolled her eyes and turned away from them, walking over to the table under the canopies, where students were fighting to the death for food.

Raven walked over to Cerise and Ashlyn, sitting next to them. "Hey guys."

Cerise and Ashlyn both immediately stifled a very obvious laugh, as Raven smiled and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Cerise whispered something to Ashlyn quickly, before turning back to Raven and stating through a cackle;

"You're covered in blonde hair"

Word count: 1068