SPORTS FESTIFAL

next game----

red tendrils wrapped around bakugo's stomach as he fly's forward, he is ripped backwards before he could hit the ground, glancing down to raven who was glaring up at him. 

"He's gotten separated from his horses! Is that okay?!" Present Mic announced.

"Nice catch!" Kirishima praised as raven and Ashido caught Bakugo.

"It's a technicality, so it's okay!" Midnight answered, adding, "It wouldn't have been if he'd touched the ground, though!"

"you idiot, stay down!" raven jabbed bakugo's side and he glared down at her. 

"Now, let's take a look at each team's points... It's been seven minutes! Here are the current rankings up on the screen!" Present Mic announced.

The crowd grew silent as the rankings appeared on the TV.

"What? Wait a minute." Present Mic questioned while a headbands got snatched from teams.

"Class A isn't doing so well..."Present Mic noted, getting a closer look at the rankings and team points before exclaiming, "Bakugo? What?"

all eyes turn to Monoma who had snatched bakugo's headband, he smugly smirked towards the group.

"Class A is too simple-minded." the blond smirked as he snatched Bakugo's headband.

"He got us!" Ashido gasped.

"What'd you say, bastard? Give that back! I'll kill you!" Bakugo yelled

"Since Midnight said it was the first game, it wouldn't make sense for them to cut a ton of people in the qualifier, right?" the blonde asked Bakugo.

"Huh?" Bakugo glared at Monoma

"Assuming they'd keep about forty people for the next stage, we just made sure we stayed within that number as we ran, observing from the back the quirks and personalities of those who would be our rivals. There's no point in being obsessive over winning in the prelims, right?" Monoma explained

"It's better than going after a temporary 'top' like a horse with a carrot waving in front of its face." he pauses, "we would have gone for that second place as well" he motions to raven, "but your reaction was so much better" 

"Oh, while I'm at it, you're famous, aren't you? As the victim of the sludge incident!" 

he had hit a nerve, raven had to grab the back of bakugo's shirt to keep him down. 

"Kirishima... change of plan..." Bakugo muttered, a dark aura engulfing him. "Before we get Deku, let's kill all these guys!" Bakugo smirked manically. suddenly a wall of blood shot up from beside raven, bakugo glanced to the side to see a hand grazing ravens face. 

she grunts and lowers the blood wall, swatting the persons hand away, the teams eyes widen and hurry off in the other direction, raven grumbles and flicks the blood from her hand. 

------------

"We're seriously counting on you!" Kirishima sighed, looking up at bakugo. 

"Go...!" Bakugo ordered as his team ran forward, Monoma's team watching as they headed for them. As he got close, Bakugo moved his arm for Monoma, yelling, "Die...!"

Bakugo aimed an explosion for Monoma, who dodged to Bakugo's surprise. Turning back around, Bakugo was met with Monoma's hand, an explosion blasting in his face, before it could hit bakugo a wall of blood shot up Infront of them and blocked the attack. 

"Damn it!" Bakugo yelled, aiming another explosion. Smoke surrounded the two teams.

"Really, such nice quirks." Monoma praised the group . As the smoke cleared, Monoma's arms were hardened and red, blocking the attack as he smirked, "Mine's better, though."