Different language

"Would you mind helping me then?" Diluc asked Ella Musk, he handed the scrap of paper over to her, "I'm trying to understand what this says."

Ella looks at the scrap for one second then looks up, "Can I see the book you're reading?"

Diluc passes the book over and then sighs, "This book talks about Hilichurlian, the language for Hilichurls. This scrap of paper is written in Abyss Language, they are two very different things. It's a common misconception that people make, thinking these two languages are the same."

"So, you don't understand it?" Diluc asked.

Ella returned the book to Diluc and bowed politely, "Sorry, not my field of expertise, you also have the wrong book too. The Abyss Language book is on the opposite side of the bookshelf."

There was a laugh on the other side of the library, Diluc looked to see Kaeya staring at him, smiling with his usual smug face.

"Lady Diana, this must be your first time in our library, please, let me escort you around so you don't get lost."

Diluc grumbled, but with Ella around, he couldn't say anything snarky to Kaeya. Diluc simply just smiled and nodded.

Ella said goodbye to Diluc and Kaeya and wandered off somewhere.

Kaeya put his arm around Diluc, "Lady Diana, a beautiful and graceful woman like you, must've been embarrassing mixing up different monster languages," Kaeya could barely hold his laughter in, as he caressed Diluc's arm.

With Ella gone, Diluc slapped Kaeya's hand away, "Not another word from you Calvary Captian." Diluc walked towards the opposite side of the bookshelf, trying to hide his embarrassment of the blunder he just made.