Chapter 37: 2 Years of Terror

Ayan's POV

It has been 2 years, 2 years since I lost my Myra. It is like she has been vanished and has taken all my happiness and solace with her. My never-ending anger and frustrations surged 2 years back when her parents called me to inform me that she is missing. I searched everywhere for her on that foreign land. I still hope that somewhere out there she is waiting for me to be rescued. I set up my subsidiaries in London and started living there 2 years back so that I can search for her. No stones have been left unturned by me, but all in vain. I have searched for her everywhere including a thorough check on all the airports, water ports and geographical borders. She never left the country, but she was never found in it as well. I have gone insane and everyone is suffering because of it. I don't show mercy to anyone now. Anyone who dares to flick their fingers against my wish are sent to heavens without explanations. I am ruling this world without my queen besides me. How desperately I wish to have my girl with me in turn of this power. How foolish I was to leave her after college. I wanted to gain power, but still I was not able to protect her with all this power.

2 years ago, when I landed here and started my search for her, all the clues were vanished as if someone has deliberately done that. The only thing I found was that Myra was kidnapped by Siddique who was later found dead in his resort, but no other person was found there. Underworld lost its one of the big men Siddique that day and along with that underworld also lost its queen. The word has been spread to all that whoever will give any clue about Myra will be rewarded handsomely but my stars are not in my favor. To stay powerful in this community, not only I have imbibed fear in the people but also started all kinds of charity work to make people respect me along with that fear. I have gained a lot of respect in these past 2 years, and no one denies me anything. I received a call from my manager today to inform me that the promotional matter of our charity events have been prepared and is awaiting my final nod to get published. I was going through that report when my eyes fell on a photograph from the departmental store. It was a photo of the employees of a departmental store giving subsidized products to a lady from the shelter home. But there was something odd about that photo. That photo was tampered with and the face of the nun was not visible at all. I asked the department to change that particular photo and publish the report.

Sighing, I sat in my cabin wondering, if I'll be able to find Myra in this lifetime...