Chapter 11: A New Beginning

3 years later

Myra's POV

"Up, Get up fast, this is the fifth time I'm calling you. You'll get late for the office. Manav will be coming you pick you up soon. Get up else I swear I'll empty full water tank on you." Someone shouted in her ears for the 5th time.

"Uff mom, just 5 minutes pleaseeeee. I was up till late night preparing for me appraisal presentation. Please let me sleep for some more time." She spoke sleepily

"Child, I know you are working day and night these days, if you want I'll tell Manav that you are taking a leave today, and we'll have a whole mother daughter day today. We'll have a lot of fun." Her mother said emotionally

"Hahaha my beautiful mom, thanks for your concern. But it is important. I'll come downstairs for breakfast in just 15 minutes. And I really miss our mother- daughter days. I hope we'll enjoy one soon. But not today, I have a lot of work." She tried to sympathize her

It has been 3 years since my graduation has ended. It has been 3 years since that horrible night when Ayan gave his proposal. It has been 3 years since my life is going peaceful. After that night, exams went smoothly and I didn't see his face even at once. Immediately after exam I got my appointment letter in Ayan's company (the same in which I did my internship). At the time of joining I got to know that he has already left for higher studies to abroad. I was quite relieved hearing this. And since I had lost even my only friend that farewell night, I started my journey all alone. But after some days, Manav contacted me and apologized for everything that happened. He said that he didn't know what filthy things Ayan was planning and thus he wasn't able to protect me. He even offered me to work in another consulting firm which is majorly owned by his father. We both are working there now without the fear of any person. Manav is in the management position. He did extremely well in the past three years and supporting his father's money, he became the youngest person to reach the board of the company. I was also doing fairly well achieving 4 promotions in the past 3 years. And it has been our routine that Manav pick me up from my residence and drop me in the evening. He has become my best friend, the friend which I wanted from so many years. We share a beautiful bond of true friendship. I'm thankful to god to have such a friend. With efforts of me and my brother, we are able to pay off half our father's debt in just 3 years. We hope to finish it off in the next 2 years.

Thankfully Ayan didn't do anything when I didn't join his company. May be he doesn't know about it or maybe he let it go because I'm working with his best friend. But now I'm happy and content with my peaceful life.

"I swear I'll throw you out of my company." Manav shouted downstairs and my mother giggled

"Boss I'm coming, you can't throw me out." I happily answered while walking down.

"Hey! Don't call me that. This is not your office; this is my aunt's home. I'm only Manav her." He said faking anger

"Okay Boss!! Oopps.. Okay only Manav" I said chirpily

"Aunty, I'll kill this little monster of yours. She is just too much."
"Beta, Don't worry,we'll kill her together."

"Mom, tell me seriously, from which orphanage did you adopt me?" I faked anger

We all laugh and both of us left for our work. My father and brother were out of town for 2 days. It has become our daily routine and we are living our life happily. My parents are very happy and our family is prospering daily. I just pray to god to protect my small family from evil.

In the car

Manav: "Hey Myra, your mother was looking sad, is everything fine?"
Myra: "Yes, she just misses our mother daughter days, she is asking me to take leave for a long time, and I don't take off even on the weekends."
Manav: "Don't you think your mother is right? I know you have priorities, but you are burdening yourself too much. Take a break, have some fun."
Myra: "No Manav, I have to pay off this debt first, and about enjoying, I have got a very caring boss who even offers me a pick up and drop facility to office and helps me every time. Who wants to leave such a boss?"
Manav: "Ohooo, caring boss, this boss must terminate you so that you can spend some time with your family. You even never go out with friends."
Myra: "Heyyyy Boss... Don't you dare terminate me, otherwise I'll eat you raw and feed your bones to dogs."
Manav: "Wow Wow lady stop!! You have become too violent. Who knows what hides behind this innocent face of yours? I don't want to get killed or eaten up at such a young age, I'm so handsome and I'm not even married yet."
Myra: "Stop being so melodramatic. And about going out with friends, so you know it very well that I have lost all trust in friendship long time back. I don't believe such a relationship exist where two people can trust and help each other unconditionally."
Manav: "I'm stopping the car, just get out of it L #years, and I'm not even your friend, there is no height of shamelessness in this girl."
Myra: "Hahaha Manav , You are my boss. We'll get late, so keep moving boss."

Manav's POV

This has been my life from the past 3 years. I have worked very hard to reach the boards of the company and have earned a wonderful friendship with Myra. I don't wonder now that why Ayan fell for her that badly. She has been my friend since past 6 years, and she has always been successful in amusing me with her helpful nature and innocence. I felt very bad for what Ayan and Anamika did to her 3 years back. And I still remember my conversation with Ayan after I got to know about his proposal from Anamika.

**Flashback**

Manav: How dare you Ayan, she is so innocent. She even helped you in your bad times, what you are doing is wrong. Free her; she has complete right over her life.

Ayan: No bro, I love her and she will have to love me back. It is for the first time that I am in love with someone. I have never felt the way she makes me feel. I want her at any cost.

Manav: But you are going abroad for higher studies, I'm sure everything will be changed after you come back. You just can't tie her like this.

Ayan: I can, and I'm doing this. Now you are like my brother, so help me with it, keep her protected and safe for me till the time I'm not here.

Manav: Ohh I'll surely protect her, but not for you, for herself. She is in this situation because of me. Had I not been requested her to help you with your exams, she had not been in this mess. Now, I'm telling you, you may have blacklisted her, but she will work in my company. Stop me if you can. But remember, once you start, this fight will not end before ruining our friendship completely. You are still my brother, and I want you to stay away from her.

Ayan: As you say brother. Come on, now hug me

**Flashback over**

I clearly remember the suspicious behavior of him while talking to me that day. I'm sure he is up to something really very dirty. And he is keeping it a secret from me. Even I haven't talked to him for past 2 years. Last time when I denied telling him about how Myra is doing, he banged the phone and didn't answer my calls after that. But I'm sure that everything is sorted now. It has been 2 peaceful years of our life and I hope it will continue till eternity. I'm glad to have been blessed with a friend like her, I swear, I'll protect her with my life. She denied taking my help to pay off her father's debt, any other girl would have clearly agreed, but again, she is not every other girl, she is Myra.

I wonder how much she will care about her husband when she cares so much for her family and me. That person must be really lucky to have her. But i still don't understand why I feel anger whenever I think about her being married and living happily with her family. I don't recognize this feeling, but I'm sure, time will help me understanding whatever it is. After all Time has every answer...